• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iskra

Established Member
It might be old news but I’ve just seen on EMR’s Twitter that they are using class 180’s to Skegness this summer, which is novel.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
It might be old news but I’ve just seen on EMR’s Twitter that they are using class 180’s to Skegness this summer, which is novel.
I has been mentioned else where but this confirms that they are to head to Skegness this summer. Wonder if it will be in addition to or in place of the current two London diagrams each day.

liamf656

The diagrams have changed in line with the new timetable. 180s still generally work the Nottingham service however the 19:02 to Sheffield is now booked a double 180, as well as a SHF-STP journey on a Saturday

Established Member
The diagrams have changed in line with the new timetable. 180s still generally work the Nottingham service however the 19:02 to Sheffield is now booked a double 180, as well as a SHF-STP journey on a Saturday
Also a few double sets at peak times as well now. When I looked this morning it was almost every other service out of London in the evening peak. Probably look at updating the diagrams later in the week as there looks to be a few changes due to the disruption today.

FGWHST43009

I has been mentioned else where but this confirms that they are to head to Skegness this summer. Wonder if it will be in addition to or in place of the current two London diagrams each day.
Which services are being operated by 180s? If anyone knows which ones please let me know

hooverboy

On Moderation
Which services are being operated by 180s? If anyone knows which ones please let me know
Presumably they are taking over the "jolly fisherman" diagram, so that would be something like 06:10 departure from derby.
I think the 180's are already route cleared from derby to nottingham as they were stored at etches park for a while

CaptainHaddock

Established Member

From https://www.eastmidlandsrailway.co....ounces-the-return-of-skegness-summer-specials

The Summer Special services, which will begin at Derby, as opposed to Nottingham, are intended to provide additional capacity and options for customers who want to travel to the seaside town this summer. Services will run every Saturday from 23rd July through to 10th September at the following times:
  • 0758 Derby - Skegness
  • 0923 Derby - Skegness
  • 1142 Skegness - Derby
  • 1344 Skegness - Derby

FGWHST43009

Presumably they are taking over the "jolly fisherman" diagram, so that would be something like 06:10 departure from derby.
I think the 180's are already route cleared from derby to nottingham as they were stored at etches park for a while
Thanks, does anyone know which diagrams they're currently running?

DannyMich2018

Thanks, does anyone know which diagrams they're currently running?
06.12 Nott- St Pancras (in multiple with other unit)
08 35 St Pancras- Nott
10.50 Nott-St Pancras
14.35 St Pancras- Nott
16.50 Nott-St Pancras
19.02 St Pancras to Sheffield

Diagram 2:-

06.12 Nott- St Pancras (coupled up with above then split up)
09.05 St Pancras-Nott
11.12 Nott-St Pancras
13.05 St Pancras-Nott
15.12 Nott-St Pancras
19.02 St Pancras-Sheffield (coupled up with 1st unit)

Info taken from part time spotter site. Weekdays diagram.

FGWHST43009

06.12 Nott- St Pancras (in multiple with other unit)
08 35 St Pancras- Nott
10.50 Nott-St Pancras
14.35 St Pancras- Nott
16.50 Nott-St Pancras
19.02 St Pancras to Sheffield

Diagram 2:-

06.12 Nott- St Pancras (coupled up with above then split up)
09.05 St Pancras-Nott
11.12 Nott-St Pancras
13.05 St Pancras-Nott
15.12 Nott-St Pancras
19.02 St Pancras-Sheffield (coupled up with 1st unit)

Info taken from part time spotter site. Weekdays diagram.
Thank you

TheBigD

Established Member
So just 50% availability required, 2 in traffic out of the fleet of 4. Pretty poor utilisation.

As for Skeggy summer Saturday services, are they just single units offering approx 270 seats or is either of the 2 extras planned to be doubled up and offer similar seating to the HSTs used in past years?

Established Member
So just 50% availability required, 2 in traffic out of the fleet of 4. Pretty poor utilisation.

As for Skeggy summer Saturday services, are they just single units offering approx 270 seats or is either of the 2 extras planned to be doubled up and offer similar seating to the HSTs used in past years?
There was previously a third diagram but is was almost always a 222 so 2 diagrams is more realistic. I would imagine the Skeggy runs will be single units.

DannyMich2018

3 180s out today. 180109 and 110 on the 17.49 Nott to St Pancras and 180113 on 17 35 St Pancras to Nott.

Established Member
Post 1 has been updated with full 180 diagrams and intercity service lengths.

Established Member
Thursday produced 360104, 360120 and 360101 on the diagram below as a 12 car set until the 1541 from Corby failed at Kettering. So potentially this was the start of 12 car diagrams for the 360's.

0639 Corby - London
0817 London - Corby
0940 Corby - London
1115 London - Corby
1240 Corby - London
1415 London - Corby
1541 Corby - London
1717 London - Corby
1840 Corby - London
2015 London - Corby
2140 Corby - London
2355 London - Corby

liamf656

I might be getting ahead of myself here but does anyone have any ideas what the Meridian/180 diagrams will be after the December timetable change? That's if it changes at all mind

Established Member
I might be getting ahead of myself here but does anyone have any ideas what the Meridian/180 diagrams will be after the December timetable change? That's if it changes at all mind
I can't imagine they will change much if anything.

Established Member
Presumably the service level is much the same from the change?
Yes still much the same with the 'temporary' missing trains on the regional side. The main change sees 6 Matlock services on weekdays run through to Nottingham at peak times.

This article was linked on Facebook the other day.

• Operator to reintroduce Matlock-Nottingham peak services on weekdays
  • A later service in-between Sheffield and Belper also to be introduced
  • EMR also retiming two services to help Lincolnshire schoolchildren
East Midlands Railway (EMR) is to reinstate weekday peak calls between Matlock and Nottingham in its December timetable change next month.

The changes, which will come into force on Sunday 11, December, will see 12 extra journeys - six each way - in the morning and evening peak between Nottingham and Matlock.

The extra services will operate in both directions, calling at all stations on the route, and as a result EMR will be reinstating hourly peak time services at Spondon and Attenborough.

Other changes in the timetable include the retiming of the 07:42 Newark Northgate – Lincoln service. It will now run five minutes earlier, and the 08:22 Lincoln – Peterborough - which will run 12 minutes earlier. These services have been changed to provide better opportunities for pupils travelling to schools on these routes.

EMR has also provided a later service for people who travel directly between Sheffield and Belper in the week - moving the call at Belper from the current 21:56 Sheffield – Derby service and instead including it in the 22:29 Sheffield – Derby service.

The timetable also includes minor re-timings and removal of some non-standard calls on Liverpool – Norwich services West of Sheffield. These changes are required to support the planned major industry timetable change in the Manchester area.

Will Rogers, Managing Director for East Midlands Railway, said: "We understand the appetite for direct services between Matlock and Nottingham and appreciate how valuable they are for the communities and business on the route.

"That is why we are pleased to be able to offer this increase in services as part of our December timetable."

New services in December timetable

Nottingham – Matlock

Depart: 0653 Arrive: 0807
Depart: 0753 Arrive: 0908
Depart: 0854 Arrive: 1007
Depart: 1554 Arrive: 1706
Depart: 1654 Arrive: 1806
Depart: 1754 Arrive: 1856

Matlock - Nottingham

Depart: 0617 Arrive: 0722
Depart: 0712 Arrive: 0815
Depart: 0813 Arrive: 0922
Depart: 1515 Arrive: 1618
Depart: 1615 Arrive: 1723
Depart: 1713 Arrive: 1817

• -END-

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
Yes still much the same with the 'temporary' missing trains on the regional side. The main change sees 6 Matlock services on weekdays run through to Nottingham at peak times.

And lo, the world of EMR Regional passengers rejoiced as one at that fantastic news, or at least that is what I think we are supposed to do. Hurrah for Will Rogers.

Personally I'm *looking forward* to my fourth summer with key trains missing. Even the Derby - Stoke rail replacement bus is disappearing from the December timetable change so a guaranteed 90 minute wait at Uttoxeter, into a train which always runs late so most likely missing the last bus home.

Andy Pacer

Established Member

Thank you for that, I'd not seen much publicity so assumed there weren't wholesale changes.

Failed Unit

Established Member
I know it will take a while for things to settle down to know for sure. But it appears we now have 3x 3 car 170s allocated to Lincolnshire diagrams.

1539 Leicester - Grimsby
1639 Leicester - Lincoln
1739 Leicester - Cleethorpes

All seem to have 170/4 allocated to them

Very few 156s left in Lincolnshire (Things that interwork with the Barton diagram)

I suspect with the levels of overcrowding some of the Saturday services will also be allocated 170/4 in Lincs.

Established Member
I know it will take a while for things to settle down to know for sure. But it appears we now have 3x 3 car 170s allocated to Lincolnshire diagrams.

1539 Leicester - Grimsby
1639 Leicester - Lincoln
1739 Leicester - Cleethorpes

All seem to have 170/4 allocated to them

Very few 156s left in Lincolnshire (Things that interwork with the Barton diagram)

I suspect with the levels of overcrowding some of the Saturday services will also be allocated 170/4 in Lincs.
The 1639 also spends much of the morning/early evening on the Joint line as well. Have also seen on real time trains one of the Matlock diagrams as a 3 car a few days this week. Hopefully once the welsh 3 car units come some of the Crewe services can have some as well as the 1548 from Derby is always full and standing (probably due to the 1648 not existing!).

Anyway I have updated. Intercity/Connect look to be the same as before so no change. Regional I have now split by route rather than having a large list. Still to do are Matlock, Crewe - Newark and Leicester - Lincoln/Grimsby.

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
The 1639 also spends much of the morning/early evening on the Joint line as well. Have also seen on real time trains one of the Matlock diagrams as a 3 car a few days this week. Hopefully once the welsh 3 car units come some of the Crewe services can have some as well as the 1548 from Derby is always full and standing (probably due to the 1648 not existing!).

Anyway I have updated. Intercity/Connect look to be the same as before so no change. Regional I have now split by route rather than having a large list. Still to do are Matlock, Crewe - Newark and Leicester - Lincoln/Grimsby.
Large numbers alight that service at Uttoxeter (probably Tutbury too but I haven't been there recently). As you say the next train is 'suspended' although there is the secret Rail Replacement Bus. I'm not sure whether it is running in the current timetable though - it no longer features in journey planners nor the online pdf's. The intermediate stations were not displayed anyway although it did call at them at the times previously advertised.

Established Member
Large numbers alight that service at Uttoxeter (probably Tutbury too but I haven't been there recently). As you say the next train is 'suspended' although there is the secret Rail Replacement Bus. I'm not sure whether it is running in the current timetable though - it no longer features in journey planners nor the online pdf's. The intermediate stations were not displayed anyway although it did call at them at the times previously advertised.
I would say Tutbury is normally single figures from when I get the service. The Bus seems to still exist as is showing on the planners and online live departures but as you say is missing from the PDF's. I have also found this to be the case for a couple of evening Lincoln - Leicester services.

The excel sheet in post 1 has been updated to include the Crewe - Newark, Matlock - Nottingham and Leicester - Cleethorpes services.

Express380

Does anyone know of any diagrams that are reliably a 156 outside of the Barton branch?

Established Member
Does anyone know of any diagrams that are reliably a 156 outside of the Barton branch?
Generally routes around Lincolnshire I would say. Not seen any on services around Derby for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.