• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR - Drivers Virtual Open Day Tickets - for those who want to know how to become a driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulN

This looks like East Midlands Railway could potentially be offering trainee roles as it seems to focus on how to become a train driver; tickets are free for the online event on 13 October - good luck to all :)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CPFC#1

Does anyone know the locations of depots that east midlands have?

PaulN

These were for East Midlands Trains, not sure if EMR operate all of them still.
  • London – London route drivers, Train Managers, Customer Hosts and revenue protection officers
  • Leicester – Revenue Protection Officers
  • Derby – London and Local route Drivers, Train Managers, Senior Conductors, Crew Leaders, Chefs, Customer Hosts and Revenue Protection Officers
  • Nottingham – Local route Drivers (although 12 Drivers trained on HST's for Summer Skegness and Charter trains), Train Managers, Senior Conductors, Customer Hosts and Revenue Protection Officers
  • Sheffield – Train Managers, Crew Leaders, Chefs, Customer Hosts and Revenue Protection Officers
  • Boston – Local route Drivers and Senior Conductors
  • Lincoln Central – Local route Drivers and Senior Conductors
  • Norwich – Local route Drivers and Senior Conductors
  • Also HSTs maintained at Neville Hill (Leeds)

These were for East Midlands Trains, not sure if EMR operate all of them still.
  • London – London route drivers, Train Managers, Customer Hosts and revenue protection officers
  • Leicester – Revenue Protection Officers
  • Derby – London and Local route Drivers, Train Managers, Senior Conductors, Crew Leaders, Chefs, Customer Hosts and Revenue Protection Officers
  • Nottingham – Local route Drivers (although 12 Drivers trained on HST's for Summer Skegness and Charter trains), Train Managers, Senior Conductors, Customer Hosts and Revenue Protection Officers
  • Sheffield – Train Managers, Crew Leaders, Chefs, Customer Hosts and Revenue Protection Officers
  • Boston – Local route Drivers and Senior Conductors
  • Lincoln Central – Local route Drivers and Senior Conductors
  • Norwich – Local route Drivers and Senior Conductors
  • Also HSTs maintained at Neville Hill (Leeds)

To add to this there is a new TM and Driver Depot in Kettering

Dynamonic

EMR generally recruits all it's trainee drivers into the Depot Driver or Service Driver grade first, with Depot Drivers being based at Derby Etches Park and Nottingham Eastcroft depots, and Service Drivers being based at Leeds Neville Hill depot.
Mainline Driver roles for Derby and Nottingham are mostly filled using current EMR Depot/Service Drivers, with the odd external Qualified Driver recruitment campaign chucked in every now and then too to fill gaps too.

EMR also typically recruits for Qualified Drivers when filling London St. Pancras vacancies, but did recruit externally for Trainee Mainline Drivers for their new Kettering Depot last year.

Moose27

EMR generally recruits all it's trainee drivers into the Depot Driver or Service Driver grade first, with Depot Drivers being based at Derby Etches Park and Nottingham Eastcroft depots, and Service Drivers being based at Leeds Neville Hill depot.
Mainline Driver roles for Derby and Nottingham are mostly filled using current EMR Depot/Service Drivers, with the odd external Qualified Driver recruitment campaign chucked in every now and then too.

EMR also typically recruits for Qualified Drivers when filling London St. Pancras vacancies, but did recruit externally for Trainee Mainline Drivers for their new Kettering Depot last year.

friend of mine is a trainee with EMR, main line based at Kettering so not always depot based.

FastTrax

This looks like East Midlands Railway could potentially be offering trainee roles as it seems to focus on how to become a train driver; tickets are free for the online event on 13 October - good luck to all :)
Many thanks for this. Just registered
Kettering is 15min ride for me so I m praying they recruit from there soon like beginning of next year. If not move to me nan's place which is less than an hour from Derby before applying ;)

PaulN

Many thanks for this. Just registered
Kettering is 15min ride for me so I m praying they recruit from there soon like beginning of next year. If not move to me nan's place which is less than an hour from Derby before applying ;)
lol :D

Inthe4foot

How is it? I’m due to start my drivers course soon And being a total outsider I’m both worried and excited cheers

Valerian

They are apparently recording the event and will be available afterwards.

The EMR staff on the virtual open day have mentioned a number of times to stay away from the rail forums and to take information from there with a pinch of salt!

Found that a bit surprising as this forum is great and been very accurate and useful.

FastTrax

stay away from forum, stay away from forum stay away from forum lolololol.... using computers is not their strongest point lol also it seemed

LCC106

Established Member
Other than that in what way was it interesting and useful?

High Dyke

Established Member
Forums. You have to be careful. Then again staff access to computers is really restricted. Perhaps they don't want people to tell the truth!

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 16

LCC106

Established Member
Ha ha! Seriously the flip side for the employer is people can give too much away on here such as actual questions asked which kind of takes away seeing whether people can think on their feet, how much research, time and effort they have put in themselves, aptitude and attitude generally.

FastTrax

Robin, the trainee driver. she said she failed once and gave up on teh train then she was contacted to see if she would sit the exam again in six months...i asked this question but it was never picked up. my question is how come she was contacted to see if she would do the exam again.... was it EMR or her mates or who...cos i have never heard of a TOC approching candidate to see if they want another go.....
also EMR knows how accurate information given here is and for them to say so many time to stay away from forum or take it with a pinch of salt then the info here might genuinely be wrongish (not all but about SOMEthings, i guess).
but i have personally gained more knowledge and information about train from this forum then anywhere else. and also they did not say anything that is not already covered in this forum.
to be honest i was expecting something more from today's open day but maybe i was over expecting. nonetheless its very good of them to arrange this in the first place, at least we got to see the people behind the scene.

Last edited:

LCC106

Established Member
I wonder if Robin was asked to sit the tests again or if she was told she would be able to resit them in 6 months?

Their recruitment team posted on here that they were disappointed that people had revealed specific questions asked which is probably why they’ve asked people to steer clear of the forum. Like I say, the forum can spoon feed people to practice answers that they may not have the aptitude to think of on their feet (so they may not otherwise be suitable for the job)...

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
I’m sure EMR have an “official” account here, just be careful what you post yiyd be shocked how much info can be pieced together to fully ID you.

Rockhopper

EMR did pop up on here a while back, mostly commenting that people were being unprofessional in sharing info and that they should ring them to get the correct story.

Inthe4foot

I must admit if it wasn’t for this forum, I don’t think I would of done so well going through each stage especially as I am not from a railway background or family.

LCC106

Established Member
Yep. Also worth bearing in mind that it often doesn’t take much to work out who is posting and you would be bound by their social media policies once employed.

choochoochoo

Established Member
Yep. Also worth bearing in mind that it often doesn’t take much to work out who is posting and you would be bound by their social media policies once employed.
I'd like to see EMR try and prove who they thought someone was on this forum. Unless this forum site gives up sign-up details to the TOC (which I don't remember seeing in the Terms and Conditions) I cannot see how they could pin any comments on anybody.

Anyone could argue that they're ID has been stolen and someone is pretending to be them. (Maybe another disgruntled applicant who they were talking to on an assessment day)

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
I'd like to see EMR try and prove who they thought someone was on this forum. Unless this forum site gives up sign-up details to the TOC (which I don't remember seeing in the Terms and Conditions) I cannot see how they could pin any comments on anybody.

Anyone could argue that they're ID has been stolen and someone is pretending to be them. (Maybe another disgruntled applicant who they were talking to on an assessment day)

TOCs work to a “probably” level of guilt to prove a form one offence, instead of the reasonable doubt.

If they believe your XYZ then that it, they don’t need rock solid proof.

The stolen ID happened to me, I was still stuck on for it.

choochoochoo

Established Member
TOCs work to a “probably” level of guilt to prove a form one offence, instead of the reasonable doubt.

If they believe your XYZ then that it, they don’t need rock solid proof.

The stolen ID happened to me, I was still stuck on for it.
That's highly unfair. Sorry it happened to you.

How do they get away with that policy in a tribunal ? Is it in your contract that that is all they need ?

(And sorry for sidetracking this thread)

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
That's highly unfair. Sorry it happened to you.

How do they get away with that policy in a tribunal ? Is it in your contract that that is all they need ?

(And sorry for sidetracking this thread)

No idea, lucky for me I’m still here but no it’s not fair.

Just be really careful what you say online AND in the mess, walls have ears.

Val3ntine

Plenty of people have been sacked over Facebook/twitter comments, couldn’t they have made the same argument that oh I dont actually have social media, must have been someone else who wanted to get me in trouble.
I’m sure there’s a certain level of reasonable doubt

They can’t do nothing
the girl just don’t want people getting advise on here ..this forum is good for it ..I passed with this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.