• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR HST diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello,

I’ve read the really useful info in frequently asked diagrams, just want to be sure I’m reading it right. Mon-Fri, it seems 5 HSTs arrive in St Pancras in the morning, and then leave again in the evening - with no work in between - is that correct? What happens to them during the day??

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LA50041

Established Member
Hello,

I’ve read the really useful info in frequently asked diagrams, just want to be sure I’m reading it right. Mon-Fri, it seems 5 HSTs arrive in St Pancras in the morning, and then leave again in the evening - with no work in between - is that correct? What happens to them during the day??

Thanks
They stable during the day at Cricklewood sidings

cactustwirly

Established Member
Hello,

Thanks

It's actually 3 diagrams, they stable at Cricklewood and come out at various times of the day.
This is because the Nottingham services only require 5 diagrams.

See here:
https://devsite.125group.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/HST-Diags-EMT.pdf

It's actually 3 diagrams, they stable at Cricklewood and come out at various times of the day.

See here:
https://devsite.125group.org.uk/wp-/2019/01/HST-Diags-EMT.pdf

Thanks - the info on the 125griup

See here:
https://devsite.125group.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/HST-Diags-EMT.pdf

Thanks - that link gives info ending in May this year. As I read it now - there are morning services from Leeds and Sheffield to St Pancras, returning in the evening, plus an ex Grand Central mini HST working a variety of services during the day?

cactustwirly

Established Member
Thanks - the info on the 125griup

Thanks - that link gives info ending in May this year. As I read it now - there are morning services from Leeds and Sheffield to St Pancras, returning in the evening, plus an ex Grand Central mini HST working a variety of services during the day?

The diagrams are still the same, so yeah a few services to from Leeds/Sheffield in the mornings/evenings and working Nottingham fast services during the day.
1 GC mini HST works all day: Derby - London - Nottingham ECS to Sheffield - London - Corby - London - Derby, the other mini HST comes out to work an evening return service Nottingham - London - Nottingham.

The diagrams are still the same, so yeah a few services to from Leeds/Sheffield in the mornings/evenings and working Nottingham fast services during the day.
1 GC mini HST works all day: Derby - London - Nottingham ECS to Sheffield - London - Corby - London - Derby, the other mini HST comes out to work an evening return service Nottingham - London - Nottingham.
Thanks... time to get my camera out...

MML

Does strike me as rather wasteful of resources to have so much Inter-City stock sat in sidings and only be used once per day to feed the morning commute into London and evening commute north in the evening.

Just goes to show the MML is a long distance commuter railway with insufficient big cities to stimulate off peak travel.

Would be nice if they could use one set to offer a St Pancras - Sheffield - Manchester return working during the day, another on a St Pancras - Sheffield - Leeds and return and perhaps another set for an off-peak St Pancras - Nottingham - Lincoln and return.

But perhaps the off peak fares wouldn't cover the additional operational costs.

Triumph

NL07 on hire from East Midlands Railways to LNER.
Working the following today.
1S05 0830 Leeds to Edinburgh
1E16 1300 Edinburgh to Kings Cross
1B90 1906 Kings Cross to Lincoln

cactustwirly

Established Member
Does strike me as rather wasteful of resources to have so much Inter-City stock sat in sidings and only be used once per day to feed the morning commute into London and evening commute north in the evening.

Just goes to show the MML is a long distance commuter railway with insufficient big cities to stimulate off peak travel.

Would be nice if they could use one set to offer a St Pancras - Sheffield - Manchester return working during the day, another on a St Pancras - Sheffield - Leeds and return and perhaps another set for an off-peak St Pancras - Nottingham - Lincoln and return.

But perhaps the off peak fares wouldn't cover the additional operational costs.

That's because the Nottingham services only require 5 HSTs, there's nothing else for them to do, and if you mixed 222 and HST diagrams up then that's just going to be a distaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.