• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR reject my delay repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

Established Member
I've claimed from EMR for a delay due them cancelling a service from its origin, the auto system has still rejected the claim !! Waiting to see if human any better .....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Royston Vasey

Established Member
It would have helped if the EMR Conductor gave me the correct info.
Did (s)he know you had a 50 minute connection or did (s)he assume that the 20 minute delay would cause you to miss a connection?

Last edited:

robbeech

Established Member
So in this case you boarded the next available service and Northern refused full delay repay because you should have waited for the faster train that would have got you to the destination sooner. Meanwhile, in another current thread, a passenger let a slower train go in order to board a later fast train that was scheduled to arrive first, and when that train incurred additional delays Avanti refused full delay repay because they should have taken the next available service:
Of course they will. They’ll use whichever side of the argument suits them. I appreciate this is two different operators here but it isn’t any different. I’ve had operators argue the polar opposite for rejecting both tickets purchased together in the same transaction with a two together railcard.
Did (s)he know you had a 50 minute connection or did (s)he assume that the 20 minute delay would cause you to miss a connection?
Shouldn’t make any difference, if they care they can ask if they’ll miss a connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.