• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR - Trainee Depot Driver - Nottingham & Derby (04/01/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dorisadmirer

I’ve been told opc haven’t sent them back to emr yet? God knows what has happened
So I thought I'd try the OPC - they just said they won't release information to individuals and will need to liaise with EMR direct. Have you had any kind of a response from EMR at all because they haven't replied to me

bigledge95

Does any one know what the salary is during the initial 3 month trading period? And then what the salary rises to once your on depot?

Colin1980

Heard a rumor about some training dates becoming available. Anyone heard anything?
June intake have been told a start dates. From what i hear intakes after that are not confirmed as links are full. They've over recruited.

REB

They haven’t over recruited, the whole point of the talent pool is so they can call upon people as and when they are needed. This might be slow or fast depending on staff retiring, leaving, moving up into management, moving depots, etc, there’s a whole range of reasons why a vacancy will be created, but trying to put a time stamp on this is impossible, so don’t bother, just wait for the call!

Last edited:

EMAA

Hi everyone. Is anyone else due to start in April?

I was wondering if anyone in the know might be able to tell me what the parking situation is like at Locomotive House on a daily basis? I could get the train but it would be more convenient if I was able to drive most days. Didn’t want to turn up on day one and struggle to park though.

Thanks

alexander744

you are allowed to park at the station in the derby station zone 3 part of the car park where you can validate the ticket you get from the barriers at reception.

TangoDelta

I’ve dropped out now following another job offer in a different field. Best of luck to everyone and cheers for your help throughout the process

Termak

I received a call about 10 days ago but not had anything through the post / email yet? Have you had anything through yet?
I received a call and messages regarding June course end of Feb. Made contact since I had not received anything mid March. Still no official offer in email as promised. Anyone in same situation?

Moll

I received a call and messages regarding June course end of Feb. Made contact since I had not received anything mid March. Still no official offer in email as promised. Anyone in same situation?
Have you had your medical yet?

Termak

Have you arranged to have the medical?
You won’t receive an offer letter until the medical is passed
This is what happened, I got a call, had a discussion. Then got a message saying I should have or will shortly receive an offer about June course. Nothing came, got in touch and was told to check my spam folder, which I confirmed there was nothing. I was told it will be sorted out, and that was it. I'm internal, my manager was contacted and everything was okayed. I didn't really push for it coz I thought all was in order, I didn't contact them, they contacted me. If it was an error they could have simply said than just radio silence. Luckily I didn't withdraw my other applications. Since I never got to this stage, I might still hear something, not sure how long, before start date, are medicals done.

Last edited:

REB

This is what happened, I got a call, had a discussion. Then got a message saying I should have or will shortly receive an offer about June course. Nothing came, got in touch and was told to check my spam folder, which I confirmed there was nothing. I was told it will be sorted out, and that was it. I'm internal, my manager was contacted and everything was okayed. I didn't really push for it coz I thought all was in order, I didn't contact them, they contacted me. If it was an error they could have simply said than just radio silence. Luckily I didn't withdraw my other applications. Since I never got to this stage, I might still here something, not sure how long, before start date, are medicals done.
Since you are internal, you may not need a medical, depending on your current role and if you already have one in place for safety crit duties, and you may not need to give as much notice as an external candidate. For example, a new external starter who needs to give there employer 8 weeks notice, would need to do there medical at least 9/10 weeks before the start date, to leave enough time to get the medical result back and then hand in there notice.
As you are internal, your time frame would be a lot shorter as you don’t have to give notice as such, just arrange the medical and give HR another nudge for the contract

Last edited: