• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR - Trainee Service Driver - Leeds Talent Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyGod

How did you think you did? I’m so anxious to find out the results!
Hey buddy, you know, I'm feeling pretty confident with how I did. I'd say I was far from perfect (being the only person not to have registered when I arrived was a particularly poor start lol), but overall I'm happy with what I did.

Yeah I feel a little nervous too, but what's done is done, so I'm just trying not to give it any thought. How do you think it went?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

train101

Ah that was soon rectified though!
I feel I did well, I felt confident when I left but it’s just the waiting game now. Keeping everything crossed !!

SkyGod

Yeah, the waiting sucks, two weeks as well, such a long time. I've heard many people find out on the day, I have a friend who certainly did, I don't get it.

But still, hopefully we did as well as we think and it'll be worth the wait

SkyGod

Ah that was soon rectified though!
I feel I did well, I felt confident when I left but it’s just the waiting game now. Keeping everything crossed !!
I got an email today mate, I'm going to the next stage of assessments next Friday (28th) in Leeds

Have you heard anything yet?

RattyFella

I got an email today mate, I'm going to the next stage of assessments next Friday (28th) in Leeds

Hello folks. My first post on here. I was at Derby on Friday also. I feel it went well, but am still waiting to hear if I’m through to the second stage.

train101

Hi, yeah I got an email yesterday as well, I’m going to derby again next Wednesday. Im really pleased we’ve found out so soon.

train101

Hello folks. My first post on here. I was at Derby on Friday also. I feel it went well, but am still waiting to hear if I’m through to the second stage.
I presume you will find out soon, as we’ve already been sent an email for the next stage. Good luck!

SkyGod

Hi, yeah I got an email yesterday as well, I’m going to derby again next Wednesday. Im really pleased we’ve found out so soon.
Sweet, well done

I wasn't expecting to hear back so quick, but definitely happy to have done so. They're doing yours in Derby though? They told me all that was available was the 28th in Leeds! Why Derby again?

train101

Sweet, well done

I wasn't expecting to hear back so quick, but definitely happy to have done so. They're doing yours in Derby though? They told me all that was available was the 28th in Leeds! Why Derby again?
Well done to you as well.
They told me the only date available was the 26th for me, have you applied for Leeds?

Russell 926

Hello everyone. My first post in this thread, been following another EMT one.
I've passed stage 1 and have been given the 28th in Leeds for stage two

GeniusB

https://jobs.eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=2019-363

Trainee Service Driver - Leeds Talent Pool

Drivers
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £29,345 to £39,126
Closing Date: Wednesday 15 January 2020
Reference: 2019-363

Please note the minimum age requirement to apply for this role is 21. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Women and ethnic minority groups are currently under-represented within our Depot Driver population and are encouraged to apply as we value diversity and are committed to ensuring equality across our organisation.

We’re now recruiting for Trainee Service Drivers to join us in 2020 for our Neville Hill, Leeds depot! At East Midlands Railway, we are passionate about providing our people with the opportunity for continuing professional development. As part of this commitment we have played a leading role in the development of the new national Train Driver level 3 apprenticeship standard, which was published in June 2018 by Institute of Apprenticeships. Our Depot Train Driver programme has been designed to meet the requirements of the new level 3 standard and as a result you will be automatically enrolled on the apprenticeship when you join the Company.

As part of the Trainee Service Driver team you will be responsible for moving our trains around the Depot. You’ll be responsible for Depot driving, shunting, light maintenance and other tasks such as fault finding and reporting. Ensuring you keep people safe, you will be trained in and follow the rules and production requirements of East Midlands Railway. You will also be responsible for checking that the train environment is up to our market leading standards.

As a Trainee Service Driver you will be required to work 37 hours per week, this will be predominantly afternoons and night shifts across the 7 days of the week, with a minimum of 12 hours rest between shifts.

Natural progression in this role is to become the Mainline Drivers of the future. This is an exciting opportunity to begin a fulfilling career with East Midlands Railway.

Successful candidates will need to be responsible and committed to providing excellent service through efficiency, high standards and most of all, safety. Excellent communication skills are an essential attribute for Service Drivers to ensure you are able to work closely with the team around you. You do not require any previous train driving or railway qualifications or experience but candidates must hold a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths in order to achieve the apprenticeship qualification. We will support you in achieving a Level 2 qualification in ICT if you do not already possess this.

You will be expected to undergo 4 stages of assessment as part of the recruitment process, which include OPC national driver testing, as well as successful completion of a driver medical.

The first stage of assessments dates are:

• Stage 1 – Driver testing part 1: 12th - 14th February

• Stage 2 – Assessment Day: Wednesday 26th February

• Stage 3 – Competency based interview: 9th - 13th March

• Stage 4 – Driver testing part 2: WC 23rd March

Please note further testing will take place throughout 2020 in order to ensure all those successful at application stage are assessed. The dates provided above may also be subject to change.

Training courses will commence at a number of dates throughout 2020 and 2021. If successful you will be placed into a Talent Pool and be offered a role when opportunities become available. The apprenticeship scheme is a year long qualification and you will train alongside other successful applicants at our Training Academy based in Derby.

The successful candidates will enjoy an incredibly competitive salary, and fantastic benefits including a defined benefit salary pension scheme, free travel for you, your partner and children on the East Midlands Railway network, discounted travel with other train companies, cycle scheme and a wide range of other perks available through the employee benefits app.

To apply please complete the online application form and upload your CV. As we operate a blind screening process please remove ALL personal information including your name from your CV.

If you want to know more you can check out our careers site www.eastmidlandstrailway.co.uk/careers
Evening guy's,

Can anyone explain what Driver Testing part 1 involves ?? Never heard of this before........
I'm aware of Driver pencil assessments but I'm guessing Driver Testing isn't the same ??

Status
Not open for further replies.