• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT HST (with East Coast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Failed Unit

Established Member
Now that this set is part of the greater East Coast fleet, do the train crew have any problems when it appear on a daigram?

Is the seating plan vastly different to a normal HST?
Can it offer the same Catering levels as a standard HST? (I understand its kitchen was upgraded to be the same as the rest of the fleet)

Is the general passenger reaction positive or negative?

Are getting spares more difficult (in terms of seat parts) than the rest of the fleet as I suspect east coast doesn't have a stockpile of IC70 seats now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

shedman

I believe that the seating layout has been changed to match the rest of the fleet now, as with the buffet. I cant answer about passenger reaction but with spares as far as i am aware any non-standard stuff is all done at Neville Hill but im sure can be purchased by EC fron Unipart. At one time EC were talking of basing the set there instead of Craigentinny. Hope this helps

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I believe that the seating layout has been changed to match the rest of the fleet now, as with the buffet.

Are you sure about that? EC's website still lists two HST seating plans and would it even be possible to make IC70s fit in the same layout as Mallard style seats?

Is the seating plan vastly different to a normal HST?

Well you can see a normal HST seating diagram here and the other HST diagram here.

Can it offer the same Catering levels as a standard HST? (I understand its kitchen was upgraded to be the same as the rest of the fleet)

I'm fairly sure YorkshireRider has said that since it came back from having it's buffet car refitted it is capable of serving the same catering offer as any other HST.

Status
Not open for further replies.