• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Qualified Driver - Nottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowgull

Evening all,

I'm thinking of applying for the above role and unfortunately can't make the open day on the 28th Jan.

I was wondering if anybody had any info on the routes and traction operated from the Nottingham depot?

All info is greatful.

Cheers,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SPADTrap

Established Member
I'll be going to the open day to seek information regarding St Pancras having applied, I'll pass on what I see! :)

yellowgull

Cheers buddy, I'd greatly appreciate that.

I'm on a late shift and getting a Saturday off is hopeless

LowLevel

Established Member
Routes

Liverpool-Norwich including diversions (via Warrington Central, Stockport, Alfreton, Redford Jn, Grantham core route, via Newton le Willows, Romiley, Beighton Jn, Ambergate, Toton Centre, Melton Mowbray, Ely West Curve as diversion).
Leicester-Lincoln
Lincoln-Peterborough via Spalding
Derby to Crewe
Nottingham (Newark) to Matlock
Nottingham to Skegness
Nottingham to Worksop and Manton Wood Colliery Siding via Hucknall or Pinxton
Nottingham Eastcroft and Derby Etches Park depots, Crewe Carriage Sidings
You can be required to cover shed turns moving units at Nottingham station and Eastcroft depot but these are generally managed by depot drivers.

Traction is 153/156/158 with limited HST by application to cover summer trains to Skegness and other ad hoc work.

Several non progressive links, obviously the route knowledge takes a while to amass.

Work is 99% guard operated passenger and ECS with other train crew traveling and just one or two trains a day DOO (NP) for short distances.

Plenty of variety and a pretty good social crowd, I'd recommend it. ASLEF membership is very widespread though there have been recent internal disputes.

Sunday's currently committed for new starters and opt ins moving to in the week at some point in the next year or two.

Andy-mc

here is a direct link Click

by the looks of it although it still shows 28th I think they're still accepting people to register interest to probably gauge, if they need a second day or probably in case people drop out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.