• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Senior Conductor Nottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubeboy

EMT are currently recruiting for Senior Conductors at Nottingham.

Can anyone in the know let me know a bit more about the role. Routes, traction, availability of overtime, rosters. Are EMT a good employer to work for?

As to the selection, is it tests, interview and a medical?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The traction is 153, 156 and 158.

I'm not on the train crew side (and am based at another location) but as far as I'm aware, Nottingham conductors sign the following routes;

The Robin Hood line (Nottingham - Worksop)
Nottingham - Skegness
Leicester - Nottingham - Lincoln
Nottingham - Matlock
Liverpool - Norwich

Some also sign the Joint line between Lincoln and Peterborough, plus the line between Peterborough and Syston Junction via Oakham.

AlexS

Established Member
Believe basic traction is 153/156/158, with some signing HST and possibly 222 (can't remember if they use traction conductors when they go to Liverpool on occasion).

Nottingham guards should sign:

Derby - Crewe
Nottingham - Derby - Matlock
Leicester - Nottingham - Newark Castle - Newark Northgate - Lincoln
Nottingham - Skegness
Liverpool - Nottingham via Warrington Central and some via Newton le Willows (diversionary), also via Alfreton or Derby (diversionary), also some via New Mills Central (diversionary)
Nottingham to Norwich via Grantham and Melton Mowbray (limited service/diversionary)
Derby - Sheffield (diversionary)
Peterborough to Spalding (Lincoln)
Nottingham to Worksop via Bulwell or Pinxton (diversionary)

Plenty of variety in long distance/regional/express/stopping working.

Jatos

Aah, interesting! I'm applying for this post, lets see how well I do!

Would quite like to work for EMT, also been to an LM assessment for the their 'Trainee' senior conductors...

Status
Not open for further replies.