• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EN Jan Kiepura to finish in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran Member
(1) The portions to/from Düsseldorf may extend to/from Amsterdam in due course.

(2) The night service from Munich to Milan / Rome...is changing to operate via Salzburg and Villach...hence the Hamburg / Düsseldorf train terminating at Innsbruck to compensate for the loss of the Italian train as it ceases to operate over the Brenner.

1. That would mean changing the present arrangements at Düsseldorf which require the train engine to shunt the Motorail and the whole train to remain there. I doubt it, personally, given the historic problems with servicing stock at Amsterdam on time.

2. Not sure a train early morning from München to Innsbruck is a replacement for one late evening. I'd bet on it using M-Ost to save the reversal.

The rumour about Zürich-Hamburg is via Berlin

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Meanwhile those ever expanding Fernbusse=coaches for long distance are taking over that role. Now even OeBb has abnnounced it will also step into that market: as helloe.com.
OeBB has for years operated (local/regional) buses, though, so this is maybe not as big a step as for some railway undertakings.
even a Vienna to Venice bus if I remember correctly

Full list of ÖBB Hellö bus services: http://www.oebb.at/en/news/oebb-fernbusse-starten-mit-helloe
Very comprehensive really. Why bother running cross-border trains when it's so much easier to operate buses...
Fares for the summer appear to be a consistent €15.

The Hellö routes at one glance
Routes
daily departures

Vienna - Brno - Prague - Dresden - Berlin 08:45, 20:45
Vienna - Linz - Regensburg - Nuremberg - Frankfurt 09:00, 21:00
Vienna - Salzburg - Innsbruck - Bolzano - Milan - Genoa 05:00
Vienna - Linz - Salzburg - Munich 07:00, 23:00
Vienna - Munich - Stuttgart - Karlsruhe - Straßbourg 08:30
Vienna - Graz - Ljubljana - Trieste - Venice 09:00, 21:00
Vienna - Graz - Maribor - Zagreb 07:30, 09:30, 14:30, 17:00
Innsbruck - Bregenz - Zurich 06:00, 16:30
München - Innsbruck - Bolzano - Verona - Venice 08:00, 22:00
München - Innsbruck - Bolzano 06:00, 16:00
Prague - Budweis - Linz - Salzburg - Villach - Udine - Venice 19:00

DaiGog

Sometimes Mirfield, sometimes Hull, often Niebüll
1. That would mean changing the present arrangements at Düsseldorf which require the train engine to shunt the Motorail and the whole train to remain there. I doubt it, personally, given the historic problems with servicing stock at Amsterdam on time.

2. Not sure a train early morning from München to Innsbruck is a replacement for one late evening. I'd bet on it using M-Ost to save the reversal.

The rumour about Zürich-Hamburg is via Berlin

Serving Innsbruck is more relevant in the other direction, i.e. Innsbruck to Northern Germany overnight, but it will also continue to serve the Ski market the other way in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.