End of The Direct Orient Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Mayen

Back in the late 1970's, I seem to recall a BBC documentary about the last Paris - Istanbul run of the Direct Orient Express. My recollection suggests it was presented by René Cutforth, but I could be wrong.
Does anyone else remember it, and if it's available on YouTube?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ScotsRail

Death of the Orient Express​

BBC One, 28 June 1977 21.55

James Cameron joins the 2353 to Istanbul for one of the last runs of 'Europe's most romantic train'. The one-time 'King of Trains and Train of Kings' gained a reputation for murder, mystery and intrigue during a long and turbulent life as the Paris to Istanbul express.
James Cameron goes in search of delicious debauchery and sinister spies on the six-country, five-frontier journey to the edge of Asia... a journey that becomes an exercise in survival.

Jan Mayen

Death of the Orient Express​

BBC One, 28 June 1977 21.55

James Cameron joins the 2353 to Istanbul for one of the last runs of 'Europe's most romantic train'. The one-time 'King of Trains and Train of Kings' gained a reputation for murder, mystery and intrigue during a long and turbulent life as the Paris to Istanbul express.
James Cameron goes in search of delicious debauchery and sinister spies on the six-country, five-frontier journey to the edge of Asia... a journey that becomes an exercise in survival.
Thank you, that sounds like the one!
Edit: Searching using my phone only throws up various versions of the Agatha Christie novel. I'm
guessing noone has uploaded a copy to YouTube or, more likely, even has a copy in the first place! Still, if anyone does know of it's location online I'd be grateful if you'd let me know.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.