• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Equipment mounted on 70810?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernowvectis

Can anyone enlighten me as to what I saw, mounted on the bufferbeams at the front and rear of 70810, this morning at Bristol Parkway?
It seems, according to Realtimetrains, to be what is listed as 069R, the scheduled 06:00 from Westbury Up TC back to Westbury, running some 247 minutes early.
The contraptions I saw were, I imagine, something like what is mounted on top of the Google Streetview cars, so I presume it is used for surveying the track in some way.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Can anyone enlighten me as to what I saw, mounted on the bufferbeams at the front and rear of 70810, this morning at Bristol Parkway?
It seems, according to Realtimetrains, to be what is listed as 069R, the scheduled 06:00 from Westbury Up TC back to Westbury, running some 247 minutes early.
The contraptions I saw were, I imagine, something like what is mounted on top of the Google Streetview cars, so I presume it is used for surveying the track in some way.

That's exactly what it is. Previous thread here, includes link to photo.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=112563

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member

LOL

When was the last time a train came in 3 Hours and 38 Minutes EARLY?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
LOL
When was the last time a train came in 3 Hours and 38 Minutes EARLY?

Isn't this just a known issue with RTT when this sort of a service wanders all over a large area but with repeated passes of the same timing points? I think it's been discussed before, and may not be a true reflection of what actually happened. Some 'very lates' are matched by 'very earlies' at the same places.

One of the RTT gurus might be along some time and with luck he may comment on this...

Established Member
Isn't this just a known issue with RTT when this sort of a service wanders all over a large area but with repeated passes of the same timing points? I think it's been discussed before, and may not be a true reflection of what actually happened. Some 'very lates' are matched by 'very earlies' at the same places.

One of the RTT gurus might be along some time and with luck he may comment on this...

Or it could have missed out some of its booked stops...

Status
Not open for further replies.