• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Etihad railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddieticha

Has anyone undergone recruitment process for this railway? After Passing two psychometric rounds what process should I expect

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ExRes

Established Member
Has anyone undergone recruitment process for this railway? After Passing two psychometric rounds what process should I expect

I'd suggest you put 'etihad' into the search facility, I know that this subject has been discussed on here before

NorthernTech

Yes it's from this forum, most are related to Etihad stadium
I just typed in ‘Etihad’ in the search box at the top of the forum page, there is then a drop down list asking if you want to search either ‘Everywhere’ or ‘This Forum’, choose the latter and all results come up showing Etihad Rail previous postings… o_O

Freddieticha

I just typed in ‘Etihad’ in the search box at the top of the forum page, there is then a drop down list asking if you want to search either ‘Everywhere’ or ‘This Forum’, choose the latter and all results come up showing Etihad Rail previous postings… o_O
Thanks mate

Sorcerer

If Etihad were advertising for drivers with ECTS knowledge then I'm sure it was likely in an attempt to recruit already qualified drivers from European networks. Deutsche Bahn in particular since they played a major role in development of the UAE's rail network. In either case I don't think anyone on the forums can really help as much as they could with a UK based train company since the UK network is the forum's area of expertise.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
If Etihad were advertising for drivers with ECTS knowledge then I'm sure it was likely in an attempt to recruit already qualified drivers from European networks. Deutsche Bahn in particular since they played a major role in development of the UAE's rail network. In either case I don't think anyone on the forums can really help as much as they could with a UK based train company since the UK network is the forum's area of expertise.

But people have left - or may know others - from the UK railway to go for rail jobs in emerging sectors in places like Saudi Arabia, UAE etc. So there might be some insights here, although it is more unlikely

Sorcerer

But people have left - or may know others - from the UK railway to go for rail jobs in emerging sectors in places like Saudi Arabia, UAE etc. So there might be some insights here, although it is more unlikely
My understanding was that the people who left the UK railway network for these roles in the Middle East were actually for consultation and management rather than driving trains. Indeed if knowledge of ECTS was a requirement for the advertised driver jobs that would limit the potential pool of candidates in the UK compared to those on the continent.

Freddieticha

It's Africa but still OPC is used to recruit for Etihad Rail, might not be necessarily ECTS knowledge required here. Passing The OPC is the determiner even if you don't have ECTS knowledge, you will be recruited based on your driving experience

tiptoptaff

Established Member
I thought Eurostar would be TVM signalling, as that's what's used on the French HS lines so it's what they used for CTRL and HS1

MrPIC

Eurostar use ETCS in Belgium, it's fitted to the e320 fleet and will shortly be fitted to the e300 fleet.

Status
Not open for further replies.