• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euromillions

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltic1989

Established Member
If I won £75million, the first thing I would do is make sure that my children are set up so that they could recive a good education, my education wasn't the best as most of you can tell from my appaling spelling and gramar, so i would like the best for my children £1million each should cover that so £3million. I would buy my Mum and Dad thier dream house on the banks of the River Yare depending on the soze of the house roughly another Million. and set aside some money for charity £250,000 each for Help for Heros, Cancer Reasearch UK, the RSPCA, and SAFFA. I would buy myself and mrs deltic our dream home somewhere on a hill with a good view of a railway and enough space for a miniture railway. and a nice car each for us. and i think thats about it, just bank the remainder and live on the interest, plus leaving some money to further sort the kids out when I'm gone.

Sorry no private jets, or luxury yachts, I'm not a flash kind of person, i would rather use my good fortune to bring good fortune to others.

Most I ever won on the National Lottery was £500 and I spent most of that on my kids.
The way I see it is if they're happy I'm happy.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LE Greys

Established Member
I won on Euromillions last night (again).

Please no begging letters.

It was only £11.50 but it is better than nothing :)

I'm not sure where you live, but to me that's a day return to Stonehaven plus lunch - or possibly a ticket up Deeside. Treat yourself. :D

First class

Established Member
One reason I'd go public is so that I could imagine the looks on peoples faces that have seriously messed me about in life, with the realisation that they've walked away from my millions by doing so.

I'd also quite like to receive the letters from people. Saves me having to collect firewood.

I haven't figured out a way to protect my money from a banks collapse though!

£500k per institution is guaranteed, the rest could be lost. Suppose you could get it in currency and build an absolutely secure facility to house it (and live in if I don't fancy being kidnapped).

LE Greys

Established Member
One reason I'd go public is so that I could imagine the looks on peoples faces that have seriously messed me about in life, with the realisation that they've walked away from my millions by doing so.

I'd also quite like to receive the letters from people. Saves me having to collect firewood.

I haven't figured out a way to protect my money from a banks collapse though!

£500k per institution is guaranteed, the rest could be lost. Suppose you could get it in currency and build an absolutely secure facility to house it (and live in if I don't fancy being kidnapped).

Gold + box + spade (although I'd wait for gold prices to go down before buying).

LE Greys

Established Member
Invest in a million Mars Bars, they keep their relative value compared to incomes better than gold.

When I used to resell them at boarding school, I could make a 1,000% profit. :D

Mind you, you had to take a week to eat one, a bite a day, and hide it to avoid it being confiscated.

First class

Established Member
Nobody on here actually won anything significant then? I knew someone who won around £20k, last I heard he went bankrupt!

Badger

My dad and his brother have won £3,000 and £900 on the normal lottery, and my dad has taken in £1,000 cumulatively from premium bonds, but never anything significant on the Euro. I've yet to win anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.