• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar 373 Diagrams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the international section, but the coin-toss has me here...

I'm currently in the process of planning a trip to Barcelona by train, using the overnight train from Austerlitz to Latour-de-Carol which leaves Paris at 2104. As I understand it, some of the London to Paris trips are still operated by refurbished 373 sets, and having stuck my nose in when alighting from a Brussels 374 last year, would like to try to catch one of those instead if possible...

I'm not overly fussed about having a long wait in Paris for my transfer, just so long as I have time to get across on the Metro without much of a panic... so my question is: Do the 373 sets run to set diagrams (AIUI they do run the services beyond Paris like the ski specials and Mickey Mouse Express) and is there one which is fairly reliably a 373 rather than a 374 which fits in with my plan. I'd be getting in to Kings Cross from Leeds or Wakefield so I'm pretty flexible with departure times.
Hopefully someone on here has the knowledge!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CMS

You're guaranteed one if you choose to go via Marne-la-Vallée as you point out. Otherwise, the only London-Paris runs they do are the ones which call at Ashford. In your case it would be the 1422 daily departure from London and the 1113 from Paris, which would allow you to connect from/to Yorkshire. The refurbished and classic 373s are not separately allocated though so as to what you'd get on the day, it's not 100% certain.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
You're guaranteed one if you choose to go via Marne-la-Vallée as you point out. Otherwise, the only London-Paris runs they do are the ones which call at Ashford. In your case it would be the 1422 daily departure from London and the 1113 from Paris, which would allow you to connect from/to Yorkshire. The refurbished and classic 373s are not separately allocated though so as to what you'd get on the day, it's not 100% certain.
Thanks a lot, should've realised that Ashford was a factor! I had assumed that all the sets in use had been refurbished. The 1422 was one I was looking at anyway. Not the end of the world if I end up on a Velaro.

MotCO

Established Member
Are there any unrefurbished Eurostars still in service?

Status
Not open for further replies.