• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar booking policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citybreak1

So if you want to book Brussels to Amsterdam this appears in same app as Eurostar from London? I assume Eurostar London remains non refundable but Eurostar Brussels Amsterdam can be refunded? All very confusing and if you use gift vouchers I assume these can’t be put back on? And also with the rewards it seems easier to get an upgrade than 1,000 points for a free journey?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brooke

Yes for sure to the first point. I believe yes to the second point, but of course you can change a London ticket very flexibly. For the last two, I don’t know, but perhaps someone else here does!

Veteran Member
Yes on point 2. Nothing has changed AFAIK.

Remember that Red Eurostar competes with ICE and Benelux beyond Brussels and both offer refuhds!

Birkonian

So if you want to book Brussels to Amsterdam this appears in same app as Eurostar from London? I assume Eurostar London remains non refundable but Eurostar Brussels Amsterdam can be refunded? All very confusing and if you use gift vouchers I assume these can’t be put back on? And also with the rewards it seems easier to get an upgrade than 1,000 points for a free journey?
A Standard ticket is 1,000 points, aa Standard Premier is 2,000 points. An upgrade is 600 points and so is better value. However, you can only upgrade for 600 points if he original booking was paid for by credit/debit card. You can't book Standard for 1,000 points then upgrade for 600 more points. I had this confirmed by Eurostar.

dutchflyer

Established Member
On what was Thalys on Par-Bru-Ams if a ticket can be refunded or even only changed depends on the type and price paid-just like airlines usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.