Eurostar Business Premier?

Discussion in 'International Transport' started by GodAtum, 21 May 2019.

1. GodAtum

GodAtum Established Member

Is Business Premier worth it to have fast track? there always seems a massive queue at St Pancras or Standard passengers, but the Business premier is empty!

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Mag_seven

Mag_seven Established Member

I think that once you are through security you have access to a separate lounge so that may be worth the extra money?

4. colinz

colinz Member

The lounge can also be accessed with an AmEx Platinum card, which I believe could potentially work out to be cheaper than buying Business Premier if you make multiple journeys.

5. GodAtum

Interesting. Is there fast track at Paris CDG too?

6. dutchflyer

dutchflyer Member

It should be there at any of its 3 terminuses, thus also BRUssel, incl lounges.
    But now that there is also again passport check @ LOndon-would British immigration (or whatever you name it this year) also comply?

7. anme

anme Established Member

There is not always a massive queue for standard class passengers. It depends on the day and time, and how many trains are open for check in. Sometimes you can walk straight through. In any case, as long as you arrive within the advertised check in time requirements, you will get on your train,

Business Premier is usually much more expensive that standard. It would not normally be worth it for the check in time saving. Anyway, there's not much to do after check in at St Pancras.

8. paddington

paddington Member

I'm always in Eurostar Standard. At St Pancras I always go to the rightmost lane. More often than not, the staff direct me to the Business Premier security queue as it is empty.

9. GodAtum

How can I see what seats are available before paying?

10. anme

anme Established Member

Do you mean what seats on the train? As far as I know you can only see what seats are available after you have paid. The Eurostar call centre might be able to help.

Why do you want to?

11. GodAtum

I'd like to get 2 seats next to each other.

12. 404250

404250 Member

That shouldn't be a problem

13. AlexNL

AlexNL Established Member

If you book two seats at the same time it's very likely that both of you will end up next to or opposite of eachother. And otherwise, you can immediately change your seats after booking.

A few months ago I booked tickets for 8 people, we all ended up close to eachother and nobody had to sit alone.

14. S-Car-Go

S-Car-Go Member

Depends on how much you value the benefits (lounge access [free bar/snacks], refundable tickets, short queue, big seat, meal & drinks).

The normal St Pancras queue can vary a lot. Generally...
    Busy: Mon am, Thu pm, Fri pm, Sat am, Sun pm. Not including start of school hols, bank hols, sporting events, disruption, air traffic control issues etc.