• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I don't think the one drink policy is that strict, my parents holiday to Italy via train often and have asked the staff in SP if they have any spare wine left and ended up with plenty amongst their table!
Agreed, I don't think they offer additional drinks but I've certainly had and seen extras being given on asking.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BahrainLad

Agreed, I don't think they offer additional drinks but I've certainly had and seen extras being given on asking.

Particularly past Brussels on the Amsterdam service. Sometimes they've left the trolley in the vestibule and told me to help myself to whatever is on the top.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Particularly past Brussels on the Amsterdam service. Sometimes they've left the trolley in the vestibule and told me to help myself to whatever is on the top.
Agree on this - certainly based on my experience this past week it looks like the Brussels-London section is catered separately in terms of drinks, although I didn't accept every drink offered I could have had 4 or 5 alcoholic beverages should I have wanted them. Brussels onwards was the standard single drink offering (though Rotterdam/Amsterdam passengers did also get an additional snack at the point others were being served their meal).

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
For 20 plus years rail staff could book SP and then they decided it was all a big mistake and binned it - don't assume anything with these guys :lol:

Rail Staff can still book SP provided they hold first class facilities, that hasn’t been binned.

LowLevel

Established Member
Rail Staff can still book SP provided they hold first class facilities, that hasn’t been binned.
No, but for over 20 years they could also do that quite legitimately with standard facilities, and that has been binned.

Birkonian

A Standard single journey with Club Eurostar is now 1,000 points. A Standard Premier trip is 2,000 points. Note that an upgrade from Standard to Standard Premier is 600 points. That is better value. You can't upgrade for 600 points if your original booking was made with points - I asked Eurostar the question. So, to get the best value, pay by card and then upgrade with points. The cost for two Standard Premier journeys will be not much more than under the old scheme taking into account the additional points each journey accrues.

StephenHunter

Established Member
See the route maps have been updated:

AdamWW

Established Member
See the route maps have been updated:

A rather confusing map that makes it look as if Schiphol and Antwerp are on branch lines.

I know that's how they're showing that there are no direct services from the UK, but it does look a bit odd to my eyes.
Though I don't know how else they'd show it. Different symbols for the stations maybe?

Goodness - what a dog's breakfast series of maps. It could have all been done in one map, with colour coding for each route and the relevant stations served. You'd also think that your principal route - London to Paris - might be shown as a reasonably straight line instead careering all over the place on the map!

Citybreak1

Has anyone been on Eurostar latley? Someone on X social media complained about dirty seats. I know they are meant to increase cleaning due to the bed bugs but I don’t know how often they are cleaned. I have seen messy tables and wet seats before?

island

Veteran Member
I travelled from London to Paris on Saturday and back on Monday in standard, no issues whatsoever. All this bedbug chatter seems to be a small few tiktok posts being repeated and cited over and over, rather than anything actually verifiable.

As an Avantage member I also got to use the Paris "lounge" on the way back; this is an ex-Thalys facility a few doors to the west from Gare du Nord. 30-40 seats with a small choice of refreshments – coffee machine, water, juice, and some packaged shortbread biscuits. At least it has a free toilet unlike the public area of GDN. As it's outside the station I needed to leave an hour before my train to go through the necessary formalities.

Citybreak1

I seen a video online with a e320 with a leaky roof in 3 places is this common these days? I would have thought the original sets would have more issues

Teebs

I seen a video online with a e320 with a leaky roof in 3 places is this common these days? I would have thought the original sets would have more issues

I've done getting on for 20 round trips by Eurostar in the last two years and have never seen a leaky roof on one, or in fact had a delay attributed to problems with the train itself (fair few delays due to other causes of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.