• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar Delay Compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essexman

Established Member
My wife & I were delayed on Eurostar for almost three hours on Sunday.

Eurostar's website says that we should be entitled to 60% refund as e-voucher or 50% in cash.

However on trying to claim online it is offering only the e-voucher or Frequent Traveller points.

Is it correct that we can get a 50% cash refund and if so how do we claim this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrJeeves

Established Member
My wife & I were delayed on Eurostar for almost three hours on Sunday.

Eurostar's website says that we should be entitled to 60% refund as e-voucher or 50% in cash.

However on trying to claim online it is offering only the e-voucher or Frequent Traveller points.

Is it correct that we can get a 50% cash refund and if so how do we claim this?
Are you using the compensation page or the refund request form?

The refund form (https://prr.eurostar.com/) doesn't seem to provide any such options and offers the choice of a refund to booking card if you bought through the official site, or any bank account/sort code you wish.

Essexman

Established Member
I was using the compensation page but have just entered details into the link you posted and that appears to have worked OK. They say we'll get a response in 28 days.

Thanks for your help.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
This is correct; 50% in cash is the minimum level of compensation they must provide under the Passenger Rights and Obligations Regulation (PRO) for a delay of 120+ minutes, so they aren't exactly being generous here!

There are two different forms, depending on whether you want to claim an e-voucher or cash. As you want to claim cash, you should do so via this form.

If you're still struggling, you could try contacting them on social media, though I expect they're probably somewhat snowed under after the disruption this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.