• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

flash

Only know traincrew, 5 weeks block leave , 11 float days, 2 days for 5 years service, 2 for 10 years service, 2 for 15 years - i.e. a maximum of 17 days float leave

ItchyRsole

Thanks mate. Not entirely sure what block leave means?

I've only ever had a number of AL & CL days per year to use. Thought it might be the same.

bob hope

Not sure of Eurostar exactly but block leave at our place means holiday weeks that are allocated to you.
e.g.
One week Spring
Two weeks Summer
One week Autumn
One week Winter

These can usually be swapped around with your colleagues to get something that suits you better.

flash

Block leave = 1 week winter period, 2 weeks winter period, 2 weeks summer period. Rostered. Block leave roster rotates around a 7 year cycle. Can be swapped with others

ItchyRsole

Oh right. So it's when they want you to take it as opposed to you choosing when you want off?

I only take 2 weeks off in summer mixed with rest days, the rest of my days available I use to book loads of Saturdays off. So with block leave it seems this is not possible is that how I'm reading it?

uberslacker

It's not them telling you when you are off. You usually have a rota split into lines (eg. Line 1 for 2014, line 7 for 2015 etc). There may be an option to split a weeks leave into days works out well if you are able to get lieu days for bank holidays too!

Status
Not open for further replies.