• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar - Train Manager - St Pancras (03/03/24)

martin2345uk

Established Member

• Based at London St Pancras International.
  • Shift work including early and late shifts, weekends (35 hours/average of 4 days per week).
  • Competitive salary: £39,653.54 during training, rising to £52,385.32 post-training
  • English and French are required (Dutch would be welcomed but is not an essential)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Samzino

If I remember right, TMs have to be trained to operate the train in an Emergency right? So I assume you sit some form of Psychometrics. Best of luck to those applying, seems a great Job if you meet the Language requirements and like Customer interaction on an international Train journey.

PudseyBearHST

• Based at London St Pancras International.
  • Shift work including early and late shifts, weekends (35 hours/average of 4 days per week).
  • Competitive salary: £39,653.54 during training, rising to £52,385.32 post-training
  • English and French are required (Dutch would be welcomed but is not an essential)
Out of interest, am I correct in thinking there are two train managers on each service? And what are the methods of dispatch at St Pancras, Lille, Paris and Brussels please? Is it driver opens, guard closed, RA by dispatcher?

martin2345uk

Established Member
Yes two TMs per train. Drivers open doors, TMs close them. We get RA in London, buzz buzz in France.

TM Hopeful

Anyone else on here apply for this role? If so, Has anyone heard back as to their video interview results yet?

TM Hopeful

Can anyone in the know tell me what to expect in the pyschometrics? Am a current TM with a TOC but have progressed to the testing stage with Eurostar, can I expect similar to what I’m used to in the way of testing or is there a lot of differences? I believe practice info is going to be sent in due course once testing date is concerned, but just trying to get ahead of the curve! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: