• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurotunnel and Advance Passenger Information (API)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeeker

Just booked a trip on Eurotunnel to see my mum in Wales next week (half term here in Belgium). I noticed that once the booking is complete it now says :-

You must add passport or identity card details for all people travelling on each Folkestone to Calais booking that you make.

You can do this in a number of ways:

• Use the link provided in your booking confirmation email
• Use the link provided in the API reminder email sent at the time of your booking
• If you have received your booking confirmation email, click the button below, then enter the booking reference and password contained in the confirmation email
On my last trip in October this was optional and it said something like "You may experience delays at Folkstone if you do not enter this information".

Anyone know what has changed?

Ben

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Birkonian

Why is that there and not on Eurostar?
This isn't a new requirements - Benn in place for at least 18 months.

When you book Eurotunnel you book for the vehicle and don't provide passenger details. The details have to entered before traveling. When booking Eurostar you must enter each passenger's detail when you book so no need to provide it a second time.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
When you book Eurotunnel you book for the vehicle and don't provide passenger details. The details have to entered before traveling. When booking Eurostar you must enter each passenger's detail when you book so no need to provide it a second time.

You enter the name. You don't enter things like passport info - this is done when you "check in".

TheSeeker

You enter the name. You don't enter things like passport info - this is done when you "check in".

It has changed. Eurotunnel API is now "compulsory". This morning I found out more info from a friend who travelled over the last weekend. He says they now have G4S staff at the check-in gates, before the terminal and passport control checking that your API data is there. If it is not they have to type it in before you can check-in.

I just added it online. Name, gender, DOB, passport number, passport expiration, nationality. I didn't have to do this in October.

[Edit] Oops just realised you were referring to Eurostar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.