• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euskotren plus Bus through ticketing

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

I'm planning on taking the train from Hendaye to Zumaia changing at San Sebastian on Friday.

From Zumaia I plan on taking bus UK06 to Azpeitia for the Railway Museum then returning to Zumaia for the train to Bilbao

Euskotren website isn't very clesr, and haven't responded to an email.

Which ticket do I buy at Hendaye?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Some years since I used the line, but I think you will have to buy separate tickets.
I can't get the website to show Azpeitia as a destination, and there isnt much on the site about through ticketing.
The website shows the fares from Hendaye to Matiko and Zumaia to Matiko as identical at EUR6.30, while H to Z is 4.80.
What I can't work out is whether the one-journey fare allows break of journey, but I rather suspect not. I don't recall Zumaia being barriered.
The museum is well worth the visit, even at this time of year.

dutchflyer

Established Member
ONLY whithin Basque county there is a form of cheaper fares, by using the local chipcard (but that needs an initial investment), it used to be an older type of stored value, giving discounts on the 2nd/3d etc. leg of thorugh journeys. I think this does not work all the way from Hendaya, cannot remember having seen the machines for it there. Fares tend to be quite low anyway for the distance, so dont fret too much.

burns20

Thank you for your responses.

I'm currently on the TGV from Paris to Hendaye where I'll change onto the Euskotren to Zumaia changing at San Sebastian.

I'll update on how it goes

UPDATE

Zumaia station is gated but break of journey is allowed.

A Hendaye to Bilbao single is €6.30

A Zumaia to Azpeitia single is €2.55 bought from the bus driver.

We are the only passengers on the dual purpose seated low floor bus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.