• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euston First Class Lounge Gents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Does anyone know why the gents loo in the Euston First Class lounge has been out of action for around a month now? I don't like to ask the staff in case it's something shocking. The unisex arrangement in the ladies is really quite tedious at busy times, with big queues building up for the most basic facilities.

You'd think refurb but the taping off and temporary looking notice suggests something more urgent and alarming.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theironroad

Established Member
Does anyone know why the gents loo in the Euston First Class lounge has been out of action for around a month now? I don't like to ask the staff in case it's something shocking. The unisex arrangement in the ladies is really quite tedious at busy times, with big queues building up for the most basic facilities.

You'd think refurb but the taping off and temporary looking notice suggests something more urgent and alarming.[/QUOT_

I'm almost speechless.

Why wouldn't you ask if it's something bugging you and a month is too long unless they are actually doing a refurb.

What's the worse it could be ?

Established Member
I'm almost speechless.

Why wouldn't you ask if it's something bugging you and a month is too long unless they are actually doing a refurb.

Take it easy, you've missed my humour.

But if you know why the bog is taped off let us know.

whhistle

On Moderation
Why don't you just ask the First Class Lounge hosts?
SOmeone here could write something equally "shocking", so makes no difference.
But if you ask the course, you'll get the right info.

DarloRich

Veteran Member

You'd think refurb but the taping off and temporary looking notice suggests something more urgent and alarming.

Descend from your lofty ivory tower and join us mere plebs in the public toilets. We wont eat you but it will cost you 30p to spend a penny. The soap might not be up to the required standard and users are expected to wipe their own bottoms but otherwise it is perfectly tolerable. There is even interesting graffiti about the sexual proclivities of Sharon from Kilburn to keep you entertained while making a deposit. You don't even have to cart away your own night soil these days. Also cases of plague and dysentery have dropped 4% over the last year and only 12 children were lost unblocking the septic tanks and cottaging has been virtually eliminated.

;)

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Descend from your lofty ivory tower and join us mere plebs in the public toilets. We wont eat you but it will cost you 30p to spend a penny.

And you even get a free bidet facility! (They really do need to put a flap over the flush sensor to stop this, or move it about 6" to the side, or fit lidded seats and put it behind the lid).

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
You buy a ticket from the ticket office for about £5 if standard class.

Let me rephrase...I mean, the gents toilets are out of order and that’s where the showers are.

What’s the arrangement now they’re closed?

leightonbd

Let me rephrase...I mean, the gents toilets are out of order and that’s where the showers are.

What’s the arrangement now they’re closed?

Men (FC sleeper passengers) shower in the cubicles in the women’s toilets. At least that was the case in late March. The water pressure was a lot better (higher). Not a problem for me, or anyone else who was around that evening, AFAIK.

the OP’s question is reasonable and surprised me, as I thought my experience was a one off: how can these toilets have been closed for a month?

greyman42

Established Member
I'm almost speechless.

Even if it is a refurb, you would of thought they could do it in under a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.