• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EWS 37422 6K66 Inverkeithing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathonAG

Some shots today of EWS No. 37422 "Cardiff Canton" at Inverkeithing, working the 6K66 Achnasheen - Millerhill, the return of Wednesday's trip in effect :

y6jr0e.jpg

y6jr0x.jpg

y6jt2i.jpg

Some more here : http://jonathonag.fotopic.net/c1531522.html

Again, cycled all the way from Cowdenbeath for this. Unfortunately, a small detour
and a friend who cycled with me, who is nowhere as fit as me for cycling ( in all
serious, stopping every 5 mintues for him! ), meant late getting to Inverkeithing
and not much time hanging about to see other services.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathonAG

Nice shots Jon

Suppose you'll be out for the pair tomorrow on the Brora tour?

Unfortunately not, it's not really in my area and I can't get over for it. One of the knockdowns of being skint and not having a driving license! Would have loved to catch 401 and 422 though

Phoenix

Established Member
Great set of shots there definatly couldn't of done better myself keep up for good work mate.

JonathonAG

Unfortunately it isn't even a regular train, there was re-ballasting going on, on a section of the Kyle Of Lochalsh line up North, and so a train run North on Wednesday, work went on during Thursday, and it returned South on Friday, all runs behind 37422 which was in the area to be used on an SRPS tour today with 401

Reini

Hm... Does anybody know if the train will run on thursday, july 3rd?
If yes, does anybody have some timing of this train?

JonathonAG

This train won't run on Thursday, 3rd of July. As I know of, this wasn't a regular running, but a one off to take Ballast up to Achnasheen for some work going on the Kyle Of Lochalsh branch.

Hi,

I was on the Brora tour 37401 and 422 went from edinbro to inverness.

37401 was detached at inverness and worked to Brora and back!!!!

Reason given was 401 had no RETB!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.