• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ex-EMR MK3 outside Carlisle

_toommm_

Established Member
On my recent North West Rover, I went past about five or six MK3 coaches that used to belong to EMT/EMR just south of Carlisle.

Does anyone know what they're doing there, what the plans are for them, and who owns them please? Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
On my recent North West Rover, I went past about five or six MK3 coaches that used to belong to EMT/EMR just south of Carlisle.

Does anyone know what they're doing there, what the plans are for them, and who owns them please? Thanks
They are owned by Locomotive Services (well, technically Locomotive Intercity). There for storage and to make space at Crewe. As for plans for them, no idea.

fgwrich

Established Member
They are owned by Locomotive Services (well, technically Locomotive Intercity). There for storage and to make space at Crewe. As for plans for them, no idea.
Spares donors. But LSL seem to change their mind like the wind, so who knows. Recent photos / videos of their movement to Carlisle showed bits and pieces missing from them.

I believe they are 40221, 41063, 41117, 42100, 42220 and 44047.

Maybe someone else can confirm?