• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Excess - changing route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy Logic

Hi all,

Had a quick search of the forum but couldn't find anything so wonder if you could help.
I'm traveeling Stoke->Cambridge tomorrow on return portion of an off peak return (route not London).

Is it possible to excess the return portion to Route: Any Permitted before I travel tomorrow and if so what would the cost be? Is it just half the difference between the two fares?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Hi all,

Had a quick search of the forum but couldn't find anything so wonder if you could help.
I'm traveeling Stoke->Cambridge tomorrow on return portion of an off peak return (route not London).

Is it possible to excess the return portion to Route: Any Permitted before I travel tomorrow and if so what would the cost be? Is it just half the difference between the two fares?

Thanks!

The original fare for the Saver from Cambridge to Stoke on Trent Rte Not London is shown as £58.90. Assuming you comply with any relevant time restrictions, the equivalent fare Rte Any Permitted is £71.80. The excess fare will therefore be £6.40 according to my Avantix.

barrykas

Established Member
The original fare for the Saver from Cambridge to Stoke on Trent Rte Not London is shown as £58.90. Assuming you comply with any relevant time restrictions, the equivalent fare Rte Any Permitted is £71.80. The excess fare will therefore be £6.40 according to my Avantix.

£6.45 surely, given that's half the difference in fares?

Cheers,

Barry

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I make it £6.45 too.

If Stoke station don't know how to do excess fares (no idea about Stoke, but some stations don't know, or pretend they do but get it wrong and overcharge) then the TM should be able to do it on trains, TMs are generally better at excesses than ticket office staff. The excess fare is the same whether you do the excess at Stoke station or on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.