• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Expensive station car parks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RH Liner

The last few rail journeys I've used the bus from Mansfield to Chesterfield rather than leave the car there overnight and incurring extra charges.
Agree with you that the Chesterfield car park tariff is good for leisure use.
Bit of a long walk though from the Pronto bus to the station. Same in opposite direction if going from Mansfield to Newark Northgate by bus.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

High Dyke

Established Member
Two car parks, built to similar standards, both on the edge of Nottingham within a couple of miles of each other, both serving public transport stations. And both offering a service to transport you into Nottingham.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to compare them.
It does if you aren't travelling into Nottingham.

Master Cutler

Bit of a long walk though from the Pronto bus to the station. Same in opposite direction if going from Mansfield to Newark Northgate by bus.
I have to catch a bus from home to Mansfield bus station, then get the Chesterfield Pronto, before the long walk through Chesterfield town to the railway station.
To make up for it I console myself with the fact the excercise is keeping me fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.