• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Failed Assessment at Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddysim

Hi all

please can I be advised on the following:

I recently failed a VSE assessment for freightliner. This was a home assessment. Does this constitute as one strike considering the two strike and out rule? Please let me know I have tried calling freightliner recruitment and OPC and no one is giving me a clear or definitive answer.

many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Knowledgeboy

No. The two strike rule applies to the psychometric testing where you attend an assessment centre, usually after you have passed the sift and on line tests at home. However you will not be able to apply to freightliner for six months but can apply at other TOC,s.

MDCW

Hi all

please can I be advised on the following:

I recently failed a VSE assessment for freightliner. This was a home assessment. Does this constitute as one strike considering the two strike and out rule? Please let me know I have tried calling freightliner recruitment and OPC and no one is giving me a clear or definitive answer.

many thanks
Did you use a mouse or trackpad?

DRS66421

No. The two strike rule applies to the psychometric testing where you attend an assessment centre, usually after you have passed the sift and on line tests at home. However you will not be able to apply to freightliner for six months but can apply at other TOC,s.
Can I just confirm then that there is no limit on how many times you can sit the Visual Seach Ecercise and the Situational Judgement?
Also can you recommend any online practice material for these? Thanks.

Teddysim

Did you use a mouse or trackpad?

I used a mouse. I’ve heard not all TOC’s do the VSE as an assessment and the practice materials they gave me were not great. I’m keen to rectify this and improve as I still have my two chances (hopefully) so need to get online and possible purchase some practice materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.