• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Failed at DMI (GTR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pafff

Hi guys,
I had my DMI for GTR last week.
Reading the posts here I was quite optimistic. I had passed the whole assessment and MMI, so this seemed like a final step to a dream job.
I got prepared very well about GTR - all the numbers, all routes, commitments, current rolling stock and I even knew that Class 700 is going to be introduced sooner than previously planned. So it all seemed very well. I was quite confident (maybe overconfident?).

Anyway, next day I got an email "Your application demonstrated many strengths however other candidates skills and experience were more closely aligned to the requirements of this particular role." It just seems my answers to other questions were not really what they wanted... or they did not like something about my personality...

I felt completely guttered for a few days and still cannot look at passing trains...

So, guys, I'd like your advice. I heard that the results of assessments (and MMI) are valid for a few years so next time if I go through application stage I would be sent directly to DMI. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, do you think I would still have any chances to apply for any GTR branches? I failed at Great Northern. Would they still considered me for TL or Southern? Are DMI run by the same managers for all these branches or there are different ones for each branch?

Any help much appreciated.
And good luck for those still awaiting their DMI.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

james123

Gutted for you bud, sorry to hear that. I'm fairly certain that if you passed all elements of assessment that they are valid for up to 5 years but some TOCs only accept them for up to 2/3 years (inc. GTR I believe). You should only have to re take the DMI and I guess that, depending on individual TOC rules, you can apply elsewhere straight away and just do the DMI and any additional bits set by the specific company.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
So you failed on two occasions? Did you get any feedback from either of them?

Do some reflective practice and look at areas where you might need to develop yourself. You might have all the technical skills but perhaps not the right personality they are looking for?

SPADTrap

Established Member
700s definitely won't be coming any sooner (GN) so maybe that's what did it.

pafff

I said one of the GN commitments was introduction of Class 700 in 2018 but I read on this forum that they would be actually introduced in September. It was not a definite statement so I don't think it could be decisive. I read that on some thread here, don't remember exactly where.
Cheers for the support!

332 > 444

I've been here before as I failed at DMI stage back in 2015, re-evaluated my experiences then finally got another interview in March and to my surprise I passed and now 7 weeks into the course so in 6 months time you'll get the opportunity to pass it and join us on the GN.

info

Hi Paff... What kind of questions did they ask you. You mentioned about using better examples next time... Was it competency based questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.