• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Failed dfft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Sat stage one today with greater anglia ,passed group bourdon , and trp 1&2 failed dfft so didnt get to sit tea occ test , not sure where this leaves me as far as lives lost or the 6month rule as dfft is not part of the national standard tests, has anyone had a similar experience.
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cobbler

yes i once failed the dfft , i waited 6months took it again and passed and im now driving

if you really want it dont give up

Webby

Thanks. Does the fail count as a life lost as the dfft is outside national requirements.

Webby

Does anyone know of any online sources where i can clarify this. thanks

donpoku

Hi I can confirm having spoken to the opc that six months wait applies with any toc that uses the dfft, all others which does not you can apply straight away.

Webby

Can anyone tell me which tocs do not use the dfft as part of thier assessment. Although i failed the dfft i dont have to wait 6months to apply to these tocs.

donpoku

One life left for dfft TOCs, GTR, Abellio, Arriva London & MTR on top of my head uses dfft.

GuideRail

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience with MTR but i didnt even get as far as DFFT i failed TRP2 and was gutted because i felt confident with the rest of it. I was hoping someone could give me some guidance on TRP2 ? did you find it easy

Webby

As long as you understand the concept its not hard just remember not to rush too much , i only answered about half the questions and passed and i think abellio is an enhanced pass
I failed the dfft due to being over cautious and double checking questions wich i had got right anyway wasting too much time. Good luck.

LittleMi

Could anyone tell me some more about dfft and what to expect? There isn't much info or practice materials on the internet

On the topic of the prior posts, if i failed the group bourdon at Greater Anglia's extended pass score, but passed at national, am i eligible to apply to other companies without waiting the six months?
I blame working an 8 hour shift finishing at 6am, and heading straight to stratford!

donpoku

On the topic of the prior posts, if i failed the group bourdon at Greater Anglia's extended pass score, but passed at national, am i eligible to apply to other companies without waiting the six months?
I blame working an 8 hour shift finishing at 6am, and heading straight to stratford!
Yes apply straight away

Status
Not open for further replies.