• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Failed Visual Search Exercise twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan98

No worries. I applied to a lot of TOC’s before I got my first offer. Only one required me to do a VSE. To be honest I did find it challenging and although I passed it I didn’t think I had. The trick is probably to get back on track quickly if you make a mistake. I now have a job as a trainee driver but the VSE had nothing to do with it.
I've literally just completed a VSE online at home just now and I have mixed feelings about how I did. I feel like I did pretty well in part 1 and part 2 no worries there and I feel I that it was near the end of part 3 about 10seconds before the where I made like a 1 mistake on the track and maybe like 4/5 on the shapes. Everything was going swimmingly before. Guess I'll have to wait and see when I get a the email from Arriva. The deadline was 19th so will be quite a way I reckon.

a_karim2002200

Hi, can you explain to me little bit about the test, is it similar to the one they sent by email. And how many minutes they give you. Because I have to do mine by 16h 19/05 thanks

Jordan98

Hi, can you explain to me little bit about the test, is it similar to the one they sent by email. And how many minutes they give you. Because I have to do mine by 16h 19/05 thanks
The test I done was the one by email. I didn't see any time limit as such however, there is a counter going up in seconds so just work as quickly and as accurately as you can and try not to get thrown off if you make a mistake. I've heard it's the same as the stage 2 test.

a_karim2002200

The test I done was the one by email. I didn't see any time limit as such however, there is a counter going up in seconds so just work as quickly and as accurately as you can and try not to get thrown off if you make a mistake. I've heard it's the same as the stage 2 test.
Thanks. I will do it tomorrow. . If we pass this test. Do we need to go to a test center for the same one?

Status
Not open for further replies.