• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fantasy Train Planning game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorstenS

Hi all,

first of all I wish all of you happy new year.

Starting the new year I think about an introduction of a forumbased fantasy train planning game.

Comperable to exiating bus games, each player can develop a rail company with its own network, based on real UK rail routes. Each player is responsible for timetabling, dutyplanning and vehicle procurement.

What do you think about auch a game? Would you be interested in?

Regards,

Torsten

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class15

On Moderation
Hi all,

Starting the new year I think about an introduction of a forumbased fantasy train planning game.

Comperable to exiating bus games, each player can develop a rail company with its own network, based on real UK rail routes. Each player is responsible for timetabling, dutyplanning and vehicle procurement.

Regards,

Torsten
Sounds very interesting!

D365

Veteran Member
Aside from it being fictional routes - would a game such as OpenTTD meet this description?

TorstenS

Aside from it being fictional routes - would a game such as OpenTTD meet this description?
No, because its focus is on visualising.

What I mean is a game inspired more by realistic processes like a vehicle market or real timetable planning. In Germany we had such a rail game, simulating real tender processes.

D365

Veteran Member
In that case, I’m not sure what you mean. I work in rail but have no idea how you would ’simulate’ market exercises.

TorstenS

In that case, I’m not sure what you mean. I work in rail but have no idea how you would ’simulate’ market exercises.
Hm. I think it would be best to prepare a short discripton/introduction for the game.

Main focus would be timetable and diagramm planning to optimise usage of vehicles and staff efficency.

If you are interested in, I could send you some links to former/existing games. :)

P. S. Good to see railway workers in this forum. I am also working for a TOC. :)

InkyScrolls

Hi all,

Regards,

Torsten
I would definitely be interested.

Hm. I think it would be best to prepare a short discripton/introduction for the game.

Main focus would be timetable and diagramm planning to optimise usage of vehicles and staff efficency.

If you are interested in, I could send you some links to former/existing games. :)

P. S. Good to see railway workers in this forum. I am also working for a TOC. :)
Please do send some links to similar games.

Last edited:

Alex Mihai

Nimby Rails (available on Steam) kind of fits this description (excluding the staff part as it's not simulated). You have the real life map (of the whole world, so not only limited to the UK) and here is where the fictional part appears. You can decide if you want to recreate the lines/services as they are in real life, let your creativity take over and create fictional workings or combine the two.

The timetable and diagram part is also included, as you can select which service/line a train is assigned to, the time when said train runs a service/line (including being in a depot).

Plenty of mods are available on the Steam workshop (including many UK train - both old and new, as well as mods that enable you to also focus on road/water-sea transit).

Status
Not open for further replies.