• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Farnborough to Ashford International

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneOffDave

I need to get from home (FNB) to Ashford in a couple of weeks time, travelling there on one day and back the next. I normally work in central London so would it be possible to go FNB-WAT, do my usual working day then STP to AFK in the late afternoon/early evening on an ordinary return ticket? The return journey would be in one hit. I'll be using a disabled rail card if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member

OneOffDave

Thanks, I'll be travelling up to London in the morning peak, just wanted to make sure the BOJ was ok

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That would be an expensive way of doing it, at £42.30 there and £27.90 back (if coming back off-peak) totalling £70.20!

For £56.79, an accredited ticket splitting website will sell a combination of flexible walk-up fares that would be valid for such a journey.

paul1609

Established Member
The OP says he has a disabled railcard. Assuming he's coming back off-peak the cheapest option may be:
Anytime Single £11.35 (DIS) route "not via Reading"Farnborough Main to London Terminals
Off Peak Return £30.85 (DIS) Farnborough Main to Ashford International
Not using the outward Off Peak Return until London.
It very much depends where the OP works in Central London but certainly if doing the direct journey I'd use a mainline service via Waterloo East rather than HS1 via St Pancras

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
But the first ticket can't be used at peak times as both stations are within the (former) Network (Southeast) Area

Status
Not open for further replies.