• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Farringdon LU to Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakerstreet

BR Fares

(http://www.brfares.com/#!fares?orig...rfares.com/#!fares?orig=ZFD&dest=0403&rlc=NGC)

suggests an SVR from Farringdon LU to Reading (Via Staines) is available £17.65 with Network Gold Card

But online booking engines are offering £21.05 U1 London to Reading (Via Staines) instead with the £17.65 fare greyed out.

It suggests that 'the fare is not valid on any of the return journeys' even though I have tried specifying no particular train and a narrower search...

Anyone help getting an online site to sell this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
What itinerary were you given for the £21.05 fare?

Last edited:

bakerstreet

It was something like Farringdon - Blackfriars - London Bridge FCC to Waterloo LU to Reading SWT.

It offered me the Farringdon ticket as an off peak Single but would not have it as an SVR.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Do this.

• Use a WebTIS booking engine, eg. Southern, East Coast, Chiltern, etc.
  • Enter journey details, Railcards, etc, and specify Avoid Ealing Broadway. Click Timetables only.
  • Once itineraries are brought up, specify Services which call at Waterloo East, then click Update.
  • Once updated itineraries come up, click buy a ticket.

The desired fare should now be shown.

Beware of engineering works. Because this ticket does not include a cross-London transfer, any itinerary involving travel on London Underground is not valid. This is part of the reason why on some dates this fare is not sold, eg. Sunday 19th Jan.

bakerstreet

Wow. No wonder I couldn't do it! Thank you bb21 excellent. that's now my to do list tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.