• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fatal Erro on BVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

josselin8

Hello all,

Im new on this forum, because im umpassionned by trains, and i have just discovered BVE 4 :o !

But when i lunch the application, i get this error
0710200639501434380.jpg

I am in Windows Xp Home SP2
I'm using .net framework 2 and i have an Nvidia graphic card, and i have just roll over back my driver version.

I'm not seeing where come this error, please help me ! :sad::sad:

Thanks !
Josselin

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LondonBVE

Can you translate your error message from French to English? Or if anyone in RUK knows French could help you.

josselin8

"BVE has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience incurred."

Google traduction :-P

D306

Established Member
BVE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thats what the bold text reads (and i didn't use the internet to translate that). I need some more time to translate the rest of the text.
(And I do GCSE French)

NSEFAN

Established Member
Second bit:

"If you were in the process of carrying out a task, the information on which you were working could have been lost."

Basically, in closing the program, anything you're working on will be lost.

Hope that helps :D

Simon_G

Unfortunately, when BVE crashes it just displays a standard Windows message (either this one or "BVE has encountered an unhandled exception..."). Neither message tells you much about what went wrong.

josselin8, Windows XP SP2 and .NET 2.0 are OK for BVE and most Nvidia cards are ok too, but not all drivers work well. There's some advice on updating your driver for BVE on the TrainSimCentral forum here. Note that some users have had dificulty with the 8800 series cards.

josselin8

I have unistalled my nvidia driver, lunched R.I.P and install the 93.71 driver, and still the same trouble... Im worried

Darandio

Established Member
Not sure if this is of use but i had to revert back to the previous Nvidia driver for my system as the newest version caused all sorts of problems on many programs including BVE.

josselin8

Still the same trouble
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
My error appaer when panel2.cfg is trying to loading. PLEASE HELP MEEEEE !!!

josselin8

im using the train with the Uchibo Line
(I have tried BVE 2 and it works fine )
EDIT: i Have installed the latest Directx and now i have an error with the Runtim common language
IT WORKS ! I have put my regional setting to english !
Thanks all for your help

Tom B

Established Member
IT WORKS ! I have put my regional setting to english !
Thanks all for your help

Ah! I didn't think of that one - usually, it throws up an error in the route .csv file if it's a language issue.

Basically, for anybody not familiar with this error, it is due to the differences between the English and the European language settings. On the continent, the comma (,) is used as a delimiter in things such as prices (€1,50 for example) whereas in the UK we use a decimal point (£1.50).

The only known current fix that I'm aware of is to use the English regional settings I'm afraid.

Simon_G

Ah! I didn't think of that one - usually, it throws up an error in the route .csv file if it's a language issue.
Yes, one of us should have thought of that, given that josselin8 is posting from Paris :roll: However, as Tom says, it doesn't usually cause a fatal error - this is the first I can remember in fact.

Tom B

Established Member
Off the top of my head, it usually produces a long message box of errors in parsing the file, which you can ignore and see a completely messed up route.

mbonwick

Established Member
That's what is does, because windows looks for , as a decimal separator but because . is used, treats it as one long piece of code.

reschanger

The thing with the , and . is a common problem as Tom described. Actually, the .NET framework provides the possibility for programmers to choose to parse strings to integers using regional settings and one to use a so called InvariantCulture, which basically is English and employs the . as the decimal separator.

Mackoy's CSV route format clearly employs the . as decimal separators, yet he seems to have called the regional string parsing. Therefore, this one is invariably mackoy's fault. He should have called the InvariantCulture function. As in Japanese you also use the . as the decimal separator, mackoy would never know about the problems his choice caused, and as he said once that he cannot speak English, he has not been aware of the problem for as long as I can remember back.

But mackoy seems to be hit by a train two years ago anyway, so doesn't matter...

Tom B

Established Member
I think it probably stems from the fact that BVE was started as a small project in Japan - never conceived to be so popular.

Eh?? I didn't hear about that? I doubt it, as the website says (c) 2007. And I know people who spoke to him earlier this year.

jacknottm

Hi Folks

Ive got the same error message everytime i try and start BVE 4. Ive tried reinstalling countless ends of times but i still get this error

Im On Windows XP Service Pack 2, I Have a Radeon X300 Series graphics card and a SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [CC80] Sound Card.

Any Ideas on how to get this to work?

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.