• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fate f the 58s in spain

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hst43102

As far as I know all were stored at Monforte del Cid in south-east Spain before being scrapped in 2019-20.

Dumpton Park

Four are still sitting outside Albacete, looking pretty forlorn after many years in the same spot at a more or less abandoned AVE maintenance depot. Saw them from a Ouigo en route to Alicante a month ago.

DP

jamie56

On Moderation
Four are still sitting outside Albacete, looking pretty forlorn after many years in the same spot at a more or less abandoned AVE maintenance depot. Saw them from a Ouigo en route to Alicante a month ago.

DP
Thank you so much I wasn't sure if they were all scraped because I plan to go see then next year hopefully

DP
They Were they only there originally just for the high speed project and I think at a similar time ews got bought which means they probably don't have a owner

Last edited:

D365

Veteran Member
Given that [at least some of] the 58s have been fitted with Wabtec data recorders. Does anyone know if any attempt has been made to recover the hardware?

jamie56

On Moderation
Given that [at least some of] the 58s have been fitted with Wabtec data recorders. Does anyone know if any attempt has been made to recover the hardware?
Im going to be honest and say that were probably removed years ago but there probably has been a attempt made to recover the hardware