• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fazakerley to Cheshire Oaks designer outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael96

If I buy a 5 pounds (or 5.20, not sure) day ticket (includes Liverpool+Chester) including buses fees for the the same areas, will it include the X8 bus (Liverpool to Chester)?

I need to get to Cheshire Oaks from FAZ, thus it is probably better to arrive to Sir Thomas street and take X8 bus, cause train stations are far away from Cheshire Oaks.

??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If I buy a 5 pounds (or 5.20, not sure) day ticket (includes Liverpool+Chester) including buses fees for the the same areas, will it include the X8 bus (Liverpool to Chester)?

No. The Saveaway explicitly only includes Merseyrail Electrics rail services outside the Merseyside boundary, not bus services.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Thanks for the answer. Is there an option to add this bus fee on top of day ticket?

Not in a discounted way - you simply have to pay the bus fare.

If cost is important but time not, I would suggest using Merseyrail to Chester or Ellesmere Port, and changing to the X8 at either of those. You will the only have to pay the bus fare for that short stretch.

Michael96

Not in a discounted way - you simply have to pay the bus fare.

If cost is important but time not, I would suggest using Merseyrail to Chester or Ellesmere Port, and changing to the X8 at either of those. You will the only have to pay the bus fare for that short stretch.

Thanks!
The dayrider plus of StageCoach costs 3.9 and includes FAZ and Cheshire... How can I check the price for return ticket between Ellesmere Port and Oaks? I do not believe it will be less than 3 pounds

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
You will need to make a phone call to Stagecoach. Bus companies are not good at publicising fares online. You should be able to find their phone number on their website.

I think the Dayrider and travel only by bus may prove the best bet.

Last edited:

Camden

Established Member
Got to love local authorities. The millions that get spent on road and rail connections to improve access to employment, and there you have a retail park separated from what would have been a less than 30 mins walk from a train station, by all of a few missing metres of Thornton Road (check it out on Google satellite view).

Michael96

Got to love local authorities. The millions that get spent on road and rail connections to improve access to employment, and there you have a retail park separated from what would have been a less than 30 mins walk from a train station, by all of a few missing metres of Thornton Road (check it out on Google satellite view).

I asked a cashier on FAZ station - she told that if the bus starts in Liverpool (X8) the 5.2 ticket includes it :)

When I called to the Merseytravel - she said it does not :)

Lovely authorities :))

Status
Not open for further replies.