• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC Restrictions not in London Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwlMan

Established Member
If you say "can I get round this?" they will say no.

But if you give them this scenario (for example) it may change their answer:

"I get a Off Peak Travelcard from Stevenage and I work in London in late morning, and in the afternoon I work in Gordon Hill, can I leave Gordon Hill on the 1718, 1748 or 1818 services from Gordon Hill to Stevenage?"

They are hardly going to say stepping off and on a train is going to get round it, but in reality it would if they accept the above scenario.

It really isn't clear but unfortunately I think they may have covered themselves with this one.

There is no doubt that an Off Peak travelcard can be used as far as Zone 6, so the question really is if RPIs get on after Zone 6, or getting out of the barriers, if you have a case then

=Lee_Again;334604]Question for the experts...

Are ONDC (peak or otherwise) Stevenage > Kings Cross + zone 1-6 TC or Stevenage to boundry zone 6 + zone 1-6 TC

would either of these definitions affect the T&C's.

It does not matter the ticket restriction code for an off peak travelcard from Stevenage (and other Fcc stations) is L4

Restriction : L4
Restriction applies: Monday to Friday only. No travel restrictions on other days.

OUTWARD TRAVEL
Valid on the train shown and all later services:
Kings Lynn 0827
Watlington 0834
Downham Market 0840
Littleport 0849
Ely 0857
Waterbeach 0907
Cambridge 0854
Foxton 0904
Shepreth 0906
Meldreth 0909
Royston (Herts) 0915
Ashwell & Morden 0920
Baldock 0925
Letchworth Gn City 0929
Peterborough 0845
Huntingdon 0900
St Neots 0907
Sandy 0915
Biggleswade 0918
Arlesey 0923
Hitchin 0929
Stevenage 0934
Knebworth 0943
Welwyn North 0947
Welwyn Gdn City 0923
Hatfield (Herts) 0927
Welham Green 0931
Brookmans Park 0933
Potters Bar 0936
Hadley Wood 0940
New Barnet 0942
Oakleigh Park 0944
New Southgate 0947
Watton At Stone 0911
Hertford North 0917
Bayford 0922
Cuffley 0926
Crews Hill 0929
Gordon Hill 0932
Enfield Chase 0934
Grange Park 0936
Winchmore Hill 0938
Palmers Green 0941
Bowes Park 0943
Alexandra Palace 0930
Hornsey 0932
Harringay 0930
Finsbury Park 0933
Drayton Park 0935
Highbury & Islington 0936
Essex Road 0938

RETURN TRAVEL
Not valid on any services which are scheduled to depart
London Kings Cross, London St Pancras Intl, Moorgate or pass
through London St Pancras Intl between 1630 and 1901 (inc),
regardless of where you join or leave the service.

Peter

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
Interesting. That surely conflicts with the usage of a (off-peak) One Day Travelcard if I simply wanted to use my ODTC to go from King's Cross to, say, New Barnet instead of taking a bus or the Northern Line up to High Barnet - and then travel home after 1901.

Are they saying you can't use the train at ALL if it has started in a restricted area? It seems they are, but I am still unsure if they're actually allowed to say that - or enforce it. As has been said above, they can only charge you the excess when you've gone beyond zone 6.

OwlMan

Established Member
Interesting. That surely conflicts with the usage of a (off-peak) One Day Travelcard if I simply wanted to use my ODTC to go from King's Cross to, say, New Barnet instead of taking a bus or the Northern Line up to High Barnet - and then travel home after 1901.

Are they saying you can't use the train at ALL if it has started in a restricted area? It seems they are, but I am still unsure if they're actually allowed to say that - or enforce it. As has been said above, they can only charge you the excess when you've gone beyond zone 6.

I assume that it refers to the National Rail part -not the TFL travelcard part

Peter

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

No, you are right, they cannot stop you using a train leaving London at those times for a journey within the Zones. It would be illegal for them to do so. They would be in breach of TfL conditions. Yes, they can only charge you beyond Zone 6 (but if a train is boarded at, say, Finsbury Park, where the next station is somewhere like Potters Bar or beyond, then they can charge immediately on the basis that you clearly are going beyond Zone 6)

jon0844

Veteran Member
The system and confusing rules are a bit of a joke - and I'm frustrated even though the rules don't affect me and, should in theory, be helping me.

Sleepy

Established Member
:D NXEA have an easement on OPDT/CDR evening peak restrictions for the summer school holidays at the moment !

Status
Not open for further replies.