• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW 180 diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieb87

Hi all

Does anybody have the diagrams for the FGW 180s? or have any idea on what services they operate?

thanks

Jamie

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
As of this time last year, FGW had three diagrams all in all. 501 and 502 would work together between Oxford and Paddington in the morning then go to Old Oak Common all day, with 503 working up to Hereford on the 1151 PAD - HFD and 1520 return before a couple of PAD - OXF and return runs.

However that much has changed with 503, as we don't get a booked 180 any more in Hereford. I've been waiting to see what the current ones are, but I think 501 and 502 have stayed the same.

Jamieb87

yeah, i see them about every now and again

normally a double and a single running at similar times in opposite directions through cholsey.

am going to see if i can squeeze a trip in on my ALR if times permit.

devon_metro

Established Member
0710 OXF-PAD (10 car)
0851 PAD-OXF (10 car)
OXF-PAD ECS (Split)
Rear forms:
1122 PAD-GMV
1434 GMV-PAD
1751 PAD-WOS
2059 WOF-PAD

The third set is spare. As is the second for the rest of the day.

adc82140

Established Member
Yup, I'm a regular punter on the 0800 ex Maidenhead. It causes havoc (and overcrowding) when we are substituted an HST, there's going to be an outcry when the 180s are withdrawn for good.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Depends when this HST ex-NXEC gets here I reckon, but there might be a need for 180s still after.

Those diagrams, btw, are they for Saturdays as well?

Pumbaa

Established Member
I don't think that is too long away too. Any news on that front?

The HST powercar refurbishment programme is now complete for NXEC. There are two (I think) remaining sets to be done, so not long now until the HST trots over to fGW land.

TEW

Established Member
The HST powercar refurbishment programme is now complete for NXEC. There are two (I think) remaining sets to be done, so not long now until the HST trots over to fGW land.

It is already with fgw, despite being refurbished for use.

TEW

Established Member
Shouldn't be - there are still 2 unrefurbed sets on the EC at least! What are they using as spare?

No idea but the powercars are due out next month, not sure about the coaches but can't be long.

Established Member
didnt even know they still had a 180 service
as you can see when it comes to Units im not all that bothered

Status
Not open for further replies.