• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW Trainee Drivers (closes 15/07/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Oxford was first choice but all the correspondence prior to the assessment day stated 'Reading'. I was expecting to go wherever Drivers were needed.

I spoke to Resources last week, to be told they would e mail the assessors to find out what was happening. I will be chasing them up tomorrow!

Glad they're chasing it up! Seems to be standard if you want anything done now days... :roll: :)

Everyone's says RDG on the website AFAIK. I asked the managers who interviewed me about that (one being the Oxford Driver Manager!). They had been advised apparently who wanted what (PAD or RDG), but didn't have any news about OXF... Might be the later course someone was talking about earlier? :s

Even more weirder, I was told I would be allocated PAD (I was happy with any), as was my mate (even though we weren't told we passed)... Is it a different rule for everyone who applied?! :s

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sultanofswing

I applied for reading, was interviewed at reading, offered the job at reading...

It seems the only people that are getting confused are the people that have said, anywhere. So maybe they will make that decision as to who goes where nearer the start date.

kart

I put down all three on my application. At my interview I asked about it and they told me if they had a number of drivers who wanted Oxford and lived near Oxford that’s the depot they would be put in, when I asked where I would be put they said it depends once we have sorted where there is space. I got my email from first today offering me the job and it did have Reading on it. So I guess it’s going to be Reading then.

fordylad

Well I'm on hold, Hopefully they'll need drivers from Oxford, in next few months,
Massively gutted, but would like to wish the lucky 12 the best of luck.
In the meantime I guess I'm staying in the RAF

turbo mick

Reading has always been short the biggest depot and more intense work than padd and oxford.i was talking to one of the manos and he has got his drivers job at reading also
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also qualified drivers are being advertised at reading and padd I know fgw are going to train drivers who are going to be employed by crossrail.forgot to say it looks like we are getting 150.s for the basingstoke line

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.