• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fife Coast Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bittern

Established Member
I'm not good naming coaches or the likes, but I am learning about the different classes of Steam.

What I'm looking to find out is what type of coaches the Fife Coast Express used when it was still running from Glasgow to St Andrews (it originally departed Buchanan Street but I beleive this was later changed to Queen Street).

Here's a picture.

2r3b8uf.jpg

Thanks to RailScot for the picture.

Can anyone identify those coaches?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LE Greys

Established Member
I'm almost certain that the Fife Coast Express was the final refuge of the articulated coaches originally used on the East Coast streamliners, the Coronation and the West Riding Limited. Can't tell if it's the same stock as in the picture, the windows look about right from this angle and the roofs might be right, but I would need to see the bogies to be certain. Still, they do have Pullman gangways, so it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.