• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Figueras Vilafant

Status
Not open for further replies.

coupwotcoup

Made a visit there this morning on my way home and must say I was more than impressed.
It's a bit like Valence and Avignon TGV stations but should look good when they finish all the work.
The other track that is supposed to be linking Madrid with Paris looked
complete too but have no idea when that is due to begin.
Still lots of work going on but everything ran smoothly.
One point though, not being sure of the lie of the land, I went to Girona
station last Saturday and bought a ticket/reservation for the 'second class'
journey from Girona to Vilafant and it was a whopping 14.20 euros....ouch.
It is just a normal Media Distancia train with tea and coffee machines and what's more, nobody checked the tickets.
It only cost £48 from Figueras to Paris FFS...
Major work going on at a few stations between Cerbere and Barca, with
Massanes/Macanet having had a remarkable make over.
From about a dozen trains a day it now caters for over 30, with lifts, underpasses, new ticket buildings and new platforms.
Not sure if they will ever build a station there on the new link that passes overhead though.
Didn't really get it until somebody said last week that there is a rumour going around that Girona airport may be getting the chop so may make sense.
Still, 5 hours 46 minutes from Fig to Paris cannot be sniffed at (it was five mins late but whose complaining!).
One more thing, on the way out, as per, Paris Nord ticket machines were totally knackered (like the place) and the queues were a nightmare,
so took a chance on a face value ticket from one of the arab lads selling them.
Thought well, if I am to be stitched up, it only costs 1.50.
No probs at all and saved another 20 minutes of suffering the
appalling underworld that is the Paris metro system.
Why can't SP sell single tickets for the cross town traveller, rather than
carnet jobbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.