• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Filming Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamp

Hi, for a media project im making an advert on public transport and would like to know where some good areas/stations are Between Manchester/Stockport and Crewe to get good videos of Pendolino's travelling fast/Top speed!

Anywhere is good though as long as its not too far away from Manchester!
I currently have in mind Acton Bridge and Hartford.

Thanks
-Adam

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
Haha. No, I was suggesting Acton Bridge. I didn't read Adam's post properly to see that he already mentioned Acton Bridge :oops:

adamp

How often do trains pass there? + Much freight?
London Midland services are shocking to that station on Rail Enquiries.
theres like 8 trains in a day or something like that.

-Adam

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Why the interest seemingly only in Pendolinos?

Much better icons of rail travel out there. An ideal project (although expensive to do unless on priv) would involve going around the country and highlighting some of the best of modern rolling stock, not just Pendolinos. Things like Desiros, 185s, FSR 170s and so forth.

Of course, I guess it depends on what the advert is for and how long it is to be.

I've not been there, but I'd suspect Leyland would be good for Pendolinos speeding through. That or Euxton Balshaw Lane (never been there either) looks good. Fairly easy to get to from Manchester too, without worrying about the low number of services like with Acton Bridge.

class 313

Established Member
Because Pendolinos are good public transport icons being the first tilting train to be successful. Brand new and such...

Established Member
Because Pendolinos are good public transport icons being the first tilting train to be successful. Brand new and such...

Shiny maybe, but still utter garbage.

Go to Stafford and head out of the station, there is an overbridge south of the station overlooking Queensville curves which I guess are full tilit or certainly pretty close. Half decent amount of freight although you might miss the Brum bound stuff but still get the WCML stuff, mainly liners daytime.

EE Type 3

Established Member
How often do trains pass there? + Much freight?
London Midland services are shocking to that station on Rail Enquiries.
theres like 8 trains in a day or something like that.

-Adam

You get alot of everything, it's an unusual track layout too. The services could be better, but to be fair it isn't used that much anymore. I recommend it anyway.

class 313

Established Member
Shiny maybe, but still utter garbage.

Go to Stafford and head out of the station, there is an overbridge south of the station overlooking Queensville curves which I guess are full tilit or certainly pretty close. Half decent amount of freight although you might miss the Brum bound stuff but still get the WCML stuff, mainly liners daytime.

Oh I agree they are ****e. But for the public, its like 'ooooooo new train :D'

Ascot

Established Member
Cheadle Hulme i would say is the best. It's 100mph on the main line to Crewe and a 45mph curve to Stoke with plenty of trains and variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.