• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Finding Eurostar services operated by new e320 (class 374) trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

notadriver

Established Member
Interesting and as someone pointed out a while back 300 kph is only attainable for a relatively short amount of time on HS1 (most likely between Lenham and the Medway Bridge) I think.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alfie1014

Didn't they try and fail on the PR run just after CTRL Phase 2 opened in 2007? They only managed 2h03m on a VIP special when they were given a clear path.

I had a great run on the 11:31 non stop from St Pancras recently, we came to stand outside of Gare du Nord 2 hrs 6 mins after departing, waited for a train to depart and still rolled into the platform 5 minutes early. Best run I think I've ever had.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I had a great run on the 11:31 non stop from St Pancras recently, we came to stand outside of Gare du Nord 2 hrs 6 mins after departing, waited for a train to depart and still rolled into the platform 5 minutes early. Best run I think I've ever had.

Interesting - that's the same departure time I was on when I had the run I described in post #19.

This is starting to look like the 11.31 has a particularly clear path and therefore might be of interest to the thrash brigade.

33Hz

Testing, maintenance..... plus all the stock on the line will not be 300kmh capable - thalys sets are 300kmh, SNCF réseau sets are 300kmh and then there will be the refurbished 373s that'll be 300 as well. As said earlier just because there are trains that can run faster doesn't mean the infrastructure owners will allow it!

The réseau and Thalys PBKA sets are 320 km/h capable. The former can do it at the southern end of the Marseille line.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Eurostar have brought in a new bike carrying policy, seemingly because the e320 has no luggage store. They're now requiring all bikes to be boxed, and the box dimensions they've given are smaller than almost any protective bike travel case on the market- road.cc has confirmed they've never, in extensive reviewing, tested a case that will fit. Effectively it means they've more or less banned the carriage of standard sized bikes- and the policy applies to all services, not just those using e320 sets.

flash

Eurostar have brought in a new bike carrying policy, seemingly because the e320 has no luggage store. They're now requiring all bikes to be boxed, and the box dimensions they've given are smaller than almost any protective bike travel case on the market- road.cc has confirmed they've never, in extensive reviewing, tested a case that will fit. Effectively it means they've more or less banned the carriage of standard sized bikes- and the policy applies to all services, not just those using e320 sets.

Eurostar provide the box....https://twitter.com/Eurostar/status/649516788372389888?lang=en-gb

Status
Not open for further replies.