• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Finding your carriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Spock

But as for XC's voyagers - dosent it display the train formation on the platform PIS Screens: A,B,C,F...A,B,C,D,F...First Class is at the Rear of the Train
:

Some stations do show that info but I have been at stations which tell you where first class is but often the Voyager is in reverse order so is pointless.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JoeGJ1984

They do know what is booked. Sounds like the service was booked 185 but for whatever reason a 170 was used - or would you prefer the service cancelled?

Well, I thoght TPE generally use 170s on most of the Manchester Piccadilly-Hull services and the 185s are rarely used. I was going from Manchester Piccadilly to Leeds on the 0842 Manchester Piccadilly-Hull service on a Saturday and it wasn't heavily loaded (there were a fair few free seats available). As I said, I sat in the equivalent seat in coach C instead of B, and it displayed a reservation ticket that was obviously from the previous journey from Hull back to Manchester Piccadilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.