• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FIP coupon Netherlands advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ge-gn

Morning.

I'm travelling in the Netherlands using my coupons in the spring. One leg of my journey involves travelling from Zwolle to Ommen. I'm under the impression that this service is run by one of the private companies, so therefore my coupons wouldn't be valid. But I did run this past Rail Canterbury when I booked my Eurostar and Thalys tickets, and they seem to think my coupons and FIP are valid Zwolle-Ommen ("according to the information we hold").

Any advice would be welcome to avoid a possible embarrassing situation!

Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dutchflyer

Established Member
Hello from a snowy NL today. Yes, its in fact operated by ARRIVA (blauwnet is a new fancy name from the province for both ARV and new Keolis-trains-tohave a little less confusion for all that cumbersome checking with chiptickets. As a general rule here in NL (I am not specific familiair with FIP), but certainly for InterRail etc are valid on ALL REAL trains (that is not RET/GVB-metro), just as in the Uk it wold be valid on all ATOC (or the new name it holds now).

ge-gn

https://www.raildeliverygroup.com/files/Publications/services/rst/RST_Travel_Tips_For_Europe.pdf
From the Netherlands section.
[QUOTE
FIP facilities are not valid on services provided by other operators (Arriva, Syntus, Connexxion).]
[/QUOTE]

This is what I thought, which is why I was so confused by the advice from Rail Canterbury..

So, presumably I will scan out of NS land at Zwolle. Am I then able to buy a ticket from there to Ommen in Blauwnet land. I presume the chipkaart thing still applies, but I just need a one trip thing for myself and my family rather than one I load with credit. Maybe this is possible?

Thanks

AlexNL

Established Member
You can buy single-use paper tickets at ticket vending machines, although you will have to pay a € 1 surcharge on top of the regular fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.