• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FIP Sleeper Reservations in Italy using free coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm trying to make sleeper reservations using rail staff FIP Coupons for a trip on a sleeper train in Italy. I've been told that non Italy based travel agents (including the agents recommended by Rail Staff Travel - International Rail) cannot issue these -they can only be issued at a booking office in Italy which is a bit pointless unless you are really lucky and there is availability when you go to the booking office in Italy. Has anyone successfully managed to get these sleeper reservations from the UK?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D6130

Established Member
I am aware @D6130 and @Iskra both travel to and in Italy, they may be able to advise - EDIT: although I don't think the latter has FIP, but may still be able to help.
I'm afraid I haven't travelled on an internal sleeper in Italy since 2011 and on that occasion I obtained the reservations from a station booking office. When using the Trentitalia website, there is provision for reservations - seats, couchettes and sleepers - for holders of passes such as FIP, Inter-Rail and Eurail by clicking on the 'global pass' option. However, it then asks you for a pass reference and for seat reservations I have entered various options such as 'FIP', the coupon number (e.g. 123654) or 'FIP 123654', none of which the system will accept. Therefore, as suggested by @Cheshire Scot , perhaps Ffestiniog Travel or Canterbury Travel might be your best chance. I'm afraid I shall not be back in Italy until late April at the earliest

I tried to book a sleeper from Milan to Scicily for a year last November. International Rail gave me a quote - but I never booked due to covid. They certainly gave me a staff fare. However I found the FIP fare to be comparable to the public fare - especially if you book in advance.

What are the Polrail fees. Do we pay in euros?

Can Polrail issue SNCF reservations using international coupons

Polrail

Hello, for FIP reservations we can generally do it at face value (plus delivery cost). We charge in PLN (Polish złoty).

We cannot do SNCF FIP. You could try Togrejse in Denmark for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.