• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FIP Tickets - Better to Book Direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whhistle

On Moderation
I'm looking to use the overnight sleeper from Venice to Vienna.
Booking direct using Advance fares comes out at 198EUR / 151 GBP - this is without FIP pass or coupons (the latter which can't be used on the overnight sleeper). I'm choosing a double cabin for two people.

I will need tickets to elsewhere but they are coming in at £15 direct from company website.

Spoke to BookMyRST who said the sleeper would be £162 for the sleeper and £62 for the other tickets (using FIP). TOTAL: £224.

Another company is saying they can do all in for £220, although they haven't broken down the price, but this includes their cut and delivery too.
I told this second company what the first said they could offer, as well as booking direct through the OBB.AT website.

Should I just book direct anyway? I'm pretty sure both train companies do email / print at home tickets.
I can almost guarantee, even if I calculated the second journey wrong, it won't cost £50 for both; especially as this second journey is just for one person.

I would normally use Twitter to ask the respective companies for help/guidance but can't in this instance, so hoping someone here can give their view on this.

I'm just a little worried as the prices I have got are wildly different from the quotes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gordonthemoron

Established Member
oebb.at do do print at home tickets and having used them in the past I'd say they were cheaper than DB for the same/similar train

Veteran Member
oebb.at do do print at home tickets and having used them in the past I'd say they were cheaper than DB for the same/similar train

I've just printed one off! The only problem is the dreadful new website...

DB now quote the ÖBB type fares, which wasn't always the case, but in any case Venice-Vienna isn't in the DB system AFAIK.

whhistle

On Moderation
Turns out it is better to just book direct.

Spoke to ATOC who said the fares abroad using FIP are taken from the normal open fares but what I see online is the advance fares, hence cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.