• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FIP travel with vouchers, Austria and Hungary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab Smith

Hello, was looking to see if anyone has any experience of using FIP vouchers around Austria and Hungary?
Heading for Budapest via France, Switzerland and Austria. France and Switzerland are easy as I've been there before but Austria and Hungary will be new to me
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Hello, was looking to see if anyone has any experience of using FIP vouchers around Austria and Hungary? Heading for Budapest via France, Switzerland and Austria. France and Switzerland are easy as I've been there before but Austria and Hungary will be new to me Thanks
Its easy, just make sure you get the 10 euro OBB fip tax for RJ/IC/EC etc (preferably in advance from ticket machine, they will sell onboard but can be upset if you haven't got it and deemed to be trying it on) and MAV reservations (would use MAV app)

rvdborgt

Its easy, just make sure you get the 10 euro OBB fip tax for RJ/IC/EC etc (preferably in advance from ticket machine, they will sell onboard but can be upset if you haven't got it and deemed to be trying it on) and MAV reservations (would use MAV app)
A friend of mine never had a problem buying that supplement on the train. In fact, the RDG document explicitly mentions "conductors on trains" as a way to buy them. Additionally, not all of them say anything about it.

Rab Smith

Thanks for that. Took me a while to work out where the translate button was! Do you know if you can set out your FIP conditions for travelling?

RailExplorer

There's a Facebook group for all European staff travel related stuff. It's very good. The Hungary FIP requirements for coupon travel are on there as I just visited and needed a few questions asked along the way.

But in summary, most domestic IC services require a reservation in Hungary. You can reserve via the MAV app. The Facebook page has screenshots on how to do this. All very straightforward once you've done it once!!!

Rab Smith

There's a Facebook group for all European staff travel related stuff. It's very good. The Hungary FIP requirements for coupon travel are on there as I just visited and needed a few questions asked along the way.

But in summary, most domestic IC services require a reservation in Hungary. You can reserve via the MAV app. The Facebook page has screenshots on how to do this. All very straightforward once you've done it once!!!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.